Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bigbilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 22

Hub 6 Again !

Go to solution

When I had BT TV I was given an upgrade to Hub 6.  It was absolutely fine for about 3 weeks and then wouldn't boot up properly.  Fortunately I was late in returning my hub 5 so swapped back with no problems.

I went through all the likely problems and recovery procedures with BT who eventually agreed to sent me another hub 6.

Had this one about the same time, 3 weeks, and exactly the same problem and again have swapped back to my old hub 5.

What am I doing wrong ??

Bill

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
prinknash
Expert
Message 2 of 22

Re: Hub 6 Again !

Go to solution

I don't expect you're doing anything wrong, @bigbilly . Quite a lot of people have found the HH6 to be a thoroughly unsatisfactory piece of kit, in a variety of ways, and have gone back to a HH5 or are using third party equipment instead.

p

0 Ratings
GPL1964
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 22

Go to solution

I received a 'Smart Hub' a couple of months back after upgrading my BT Sport service, started playing up yesterday with only solid orange light and unable to access the menu, even after several reboots. 

Fortunately still had my old HH5 so switched to that and hey presto all working fine, ran a couple of speedtests at http://www.speedtest.btwholesale.com and some diagnostics and no faults found.

Contacted BT Help desk and after being asked to re-connect the Smart Hub the Help Desk Operative did a couple of reset and other things, I was duly informed me that there was a connection issue between my Smart Hub and the local exchange. Then after a series of other operations all performed remotely the blue light was on Smiley Very Happy and approximately an hour of a telephone call later I went away happy. This happiness lasted less than 5 minutes, Smiley Mad Playstation turned on, error message received 'You are not connected to the PSN'. Returned to Smart Hub, solid orange light again.

Second call to BT Help desk, around another hour spent on the phone and 'we' come to the conclusion that as the HH5 is functioning, leave that on and my line will be monitored for the next 24 hours and I will receive a call-back.

Finished that call-back conversation around 30 minutes ago and I will be continuing with my HH5 as,

and I quote, "BT are now no longer supplying Smart Hubs due to the large number of issues being reported. As your Home Hub 5 is working I suggest you continue to use that"

Screen_Shot_2017-04-25_at_19_31_45.jpg

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 4 of 22

Go to solution

Good information, thanks @GPL1964.  We guessed that something like that had occurred with HH6.

If the official BT advice is to continue with HH5, I suggest that the next question for them should be "Where is the IPv6 on HH5 that was announced to be planned for 'Early in 2017'?"

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 5 of 22

Go to solution

Good Morning @bigbilly & @GPL1964,

I am very sorry about the problems you are having with your BT Smart hub.  Your comments have been highlighted to our hub team and they are keen to investigate to understand what has gone wrong.  Would you mind dropping us an email with your details please?

If you click on my username, (SeanD), you will find the 'Mod contact link', under the 'About me' section of my profile.  It would be great if you could include your home telephone number and the serial number of the Smart hub.  Once we have you details we will get a case raised for investigation.

I must offer a further apology for the information you have received around 'BT no longer supplying the Smart hub due a large number of issue being reported'.  This is absolutely incorrect

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
bigbilly
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 22

Go to solution

Have done Sean and been given enquiry ref. no. **Edited**

Bill

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @bigbilly,

Thanks for taking my call this morning, nice speaking with you. As discussed, this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next firmware release. post back if you have any other problems and we'll be happy to help.

All the best

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 8 of 22

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

Hi @bigbilly,

As discussed, this is a known issue and will be fixed in the next firmware release.

All the best

David

It might be helpful for others to know what known issue has been identified. The problem @bigbilly was suffering from was apparently HH6s failing after three weeks and  I assume you don't mean that's "a known issue which will be fixed in the next firmware release"! 

p

0 Ratings
MorgaineD
Expert
Message 9 of 22

Go to solution

@prinknash's request seconded.

In the absence of a changelog for firmwares, every scrap of information like this is worth its weight in gold.  It would also clarify the response.

0 Ratings
engelbertink
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 22

Go to solution
So what is the 'known issue'?
When will the next firmware update be released?

I'm on my 3rd BT HH6 and 3rd BT Whole Home WiFi kit.... it's sooooooooo frustrating as each day brings a new problem out of the blue.
0 Ratings