Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 22

Re: Hub 6 Again !

Go to solution

Unbelievable ... UNBELIEVABLE!!!! 

I'm now in pursuit of engelbertink and his 3 HH6's.

My REPLACEMENT lasted all of about a month and it's exhibited EXACTLY the same symptoms as it's predecessor!

Firstly my iMac (hardwired) loses connection to the HH6 while at least one PC is running Windows remains online. I am unable to access the HH6 menu and so do a hard reset (power off) on the HH6, wait the obligatory 30 seconds, that's the last of it, orange light time from then on.

Put on my old HH5 and hey presto all is good again, well when I say 'good' I mean working. 

I UPGRADED my service DUE to the publicity and the PROMISE of ...

• The UK's most powerful wi-fi signal vs major broadband providers ... (for a short period of time only)
  • Our Hub gives you better wi-fi coverage ... (just don't get too used to it)
  • Get future-proofed: The BT Smart Hub supports the next generation of wi-fi standards. That means it’s future-proof and could support more and more home appliances as they become wi-fi enabled. ... (please do NOT buy any of these future home appliances just yet as you'll spend the rest of your free time hooking them back up to your old system before you can say ...Get a hub that helps you out: This is clever. The BT Smart Hub constantly monitors your internet connection. If it spots a problem, it will quietly reboot and make a fresh connection). HAHAHAHAHA

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Go to solution

I have the exact same problem and I've had 2 Smart Hubs and they both do the same thing

Restart > green > flashing orange > orange > blue - which takes about 5 mins
Then 5 mins later the same because the router has restarted its self
After about 4-5 restarts the router will stay on blue but the UI (smart hub manager) is not accessible. Leave it 20 mins and you can access the UI via a web browser.

I've disconnect everything other than a couple of iPads and IPhones and iMac (wifi)...which I can't see them causing the issue given the router eventually starts

I rewed my contract specifically to get a Smart Hub. I don't feel too Smart in my decision

I see there is a comment about a firmware update to fix this 

1- Your support people on the phone are unaware of this fix / problem 

2- When is the firmware update being released as I fear to restart my router

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 13 of 22

Go to solution

Hi @GPL1964,

I'm glad to hear your latest Smart Hub is working for you.

It's online and responding to connection requests so it's working as it should be now. I'm sorry the previous ones didn't work as intended.

Take care

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Go to solution

09-06-2017 Smart Hub number 3 working successfully, 09-07-2017 self same Smart Hub, fails. 

Symptoms, spordaic WiFi connectivity yesterday, streaming radio 2 via iPlayer on my Sonos and the transmission keeps stopping every 10-20 seconds. Restart the Smart Hub Home Hub Manager browser page, goes off and will not get past the green light stage once back on.

Remove and replace with my old HH5, works fine.

Enough is enough, I now need to look  for a new ISP as I 'upgraded' to this service

The UK's most powerful wi-fi signal vs major broadband providers

The new BT Smart Hub is so smart that it can give you a superfast, reliable wi-fi connection in more places around your home.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

Go to solution

You don't need to change ISP, just get a decent third party router or stick with HH5.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 22

Go to solution

I don't agree that I should pay for a third party router after being sold a service that isn't up to the job. Also the range of the HH5 isn't as good as when the Smart Hub's are working.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 17 of 22

Go to solution

I agree wholeheartedly.

These hubs are poorly made and are simply not up to the job.

I have had four of these in the last year and they work for a month or so then devices have issues connecting via wifi.

All BT do is send a new one and the saga goes on and on.

I am an IT Engineer and have many customers that can confirm that are experiencing similar problems.

They are simply not fit for purpose and the quicker BT realise this and actually provide a proper device that is fully tested, because they can never have tested these, the better it will be for them and their customers.

Unfortunately, it is all too clear that BT are now providing sub-standard equipment to go with their sub-standard customer service.

I am seriously considering recommending my customers to find a more reliable ISP.

Come on BT get your act into gear!!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 18 of 22

Go to solution

Same issue here, got HH6 a few week back, plugged it in, constant line dropping.  Plugged HH5 back in, perfect, called BT who said there was something wrong with the line and it was looked at by an engineer.  Plugged HH6 back in a few days ago, constant line dropping, plugged HH5 back in, perfect.....

What firmware version is suppost to fix this issue?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Go to solution

Just got a firmware update a few minutes ago to SG4B1000B316, will be interesting to see if things improve!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Go to solution

My 4th Hub is currently 'awaiting dispatch' so I'm hoping it's here tomorrow, I'll check firmware version after switch on and see what they ship with and upgrade if necessary.

0 Ratings