cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

[Hub 6 Home] xbox one & Xbox Series S clashing.

I have a Hub 6 for my home, I recently upgraded to a Xbox series S and gave my partner the Xbox One to use in the bedroom.

When she tries to play games it either doesn't let her connect or randomly kicks her out of games.

The Series S however keeps its connection stable, NAT types on both are open, the series S is connected via a cable to the router and the One is via a wireless extender (have tried multiple).

I assume they are conflicting and booting out the wireless connection.

Is there anyway I can get both Xbox consoles to work fine without it disconnecting one?

Thanks

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: [Hub 6 Home] xbox one & Xbox Series S clashing.

I hope you've created a new account on the new xbox series s? Otherwise it will kick you out of games if you try to use the games on the same account on two consoles at the same time.

Also it's always best to use a wired connection, especially when playing online games

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Both my partner and I have separate accounts, hers was made after we moved the xbox, so she has a fresh account with own Xbox live. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Have you tried using a wired connection?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I'm planning on buying a cable and having it trail out the door as I can't make a hole in the wall (renting),

Someone told me it could be a IP issue and something about DNS but I don't know that stuff

Don't wanna buy a huge cable to find it doesn't resolve it

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

As long as the xbox is getting it's ip address and DNS from your router, just like your other one, then that shouldn't be an issue.

Better to spend 5 pounds on a cable to help either diagnose/fix the issue than spending days if not weeks not solving it.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Will go buy a cable and get back to you

0 Ratings