Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jedev
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Hub 6: Sky Q keeps losing connection, other devices stay connected

Recently I've noticed that the Sky Q box keeps losing wifi connection, whilst other devices remain connected. I've had the Sky Q box replaced, but the issue persists, which suggests the fault lies with the Hub 6. Are there any settings I should change on the Hub to prevent the Sky Q box losing connection (which also disconnects the mini boxes in the rest of the house, of course!). On more than one occasion, I've had to power cycle the Hub to allow the Sky Q box to reconnect.

This problem has only started occurring recently, and the Hub and Sky Q box have not been moved. Very frustrating!

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hub 6: Sky Q keeps losing connection, other devices stay connected

have you turned off smart setup?

have you split the 2.4/5ghz networks

tried changing wireless channel to manually selected rather than auto

chnaged wireless mode

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
jedev
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

1. Yes
2. This is entirely contrary to the advice given by Sky! However, I'll give it a go.
3. This is not possible without splitting the bands, but I'll give it a go.
4. Yes
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Not sure why SKY would give advice on a BT hub       many customers find the networks combined cause problems hence why splitting and selecting channels manually often help connection

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 5 of 5

I have a Sky Q box and Smart Hub without issues, I have only split the bands so my Sky Q box connects to the 2.4 GHz frequency.
I've also disabled smart setup, that should be all you need.

0 Ratings