cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ChipADSL
Message 1 of 13

Hub 6 and Samsung devices

I'm so annoyed with this BT SmartHub 6

Installed two days ago and my Samsung S7 struggles.. I have not even tried other devices yet.

Searching the solution is to use another router and even buy one. 

Is there actually a solution for this problem yet?

I do have an old HomeHub 5 and even 4 which will fix the issue. Is there any major difference between the 6 and 5? Will I get a lower performance (Only get 26m on infinity 1)

Please help, thanks.

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Hub 6 and Samsung devices

If you Homehub 5 works without problems just keep using it. If it ain't broke don't fix it.

The Homehub 4 won't work on Infinity without a VDSL modem.

If you want to keep using the Smarthub Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

Re: Hub 6 and Samsung devices

Turning of smart setup and changing the names of the ssid does not work
0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 13

Please define "struggles"

I had problems with my default s5neo firmware that was fixed with a update, i take it you have downloaded the march android update?

you could try turning the wireless on the router to mode 2, you will lose a little speed as i belive it downgrades the wifi to mainly wireless "N" (well it does on my hub) but if your only getting 26meg to the hub anyway you wont even notice. Another option is turn off the 5ghz band completely and just use the 2.4 but that would depend how conjested you are in the area, where i am i can pick up 5 routers but only 1 of them are on the same channel and its half the strengh of mine (they are 2 doors away)

Another option is to "forget" the connection on the phone and delete it on the hub. restart both (unplug router and power off the phone since you carnt remove the battery, great move there samsung!!)) then try rejoining them, that worked on my future mother in laws router (talk talk).

I would still seperate the wifi bands with differant ssid's anyway as the band stearing on the hub6 does not work at all on any of the 6 dual band devices i own and as such i have turned it off, also turn off wps as well if you never plan to use it

Lastly off the top of my head it could be your still running a old buggy firmware that could take up to a week or so to update, the current firmware is still bugged but more stable then the last and that might help you.

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

can confirm the issue still exists on the samsung galaxy s8 +

bt have no idea. what a mess

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 6 of 13

My SmartHub (HH6) works fine with my Samsung Galaxy 6 and 7

0 Ratings
mikeyaj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

What version of the phones, software, apps your using

Could you give a complete breakdown of everything regrading you phone and setup
0 Ratings
paul_round
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

Any updates to this issue? I recently changed from Sky to BT and extremely annoyed that my Samsung galaxy will not connect to wifi.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

I use a hh6 and have no problems connecting a samsung S5 and S7edge as well as 3 samsung tvs

did you turn off smart setup as suggested and then split the networks and selct channels manually

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

You are posting on an old thread, so its very unlikely you will get a reply.

Have you have tried all the suggestions, incloding switching off smart setup and splitting the wireless bands.

see @imjolly post, as he sems to have no issues.

0 Ratings