cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
marcusBMG
Message 1 of 23

Hub 6 and chromecast

In spite of trying all the recommendations on the chromecast + hub 4/5 sticky, I haven't been able to to get the chromecast to connect. I can see its trying - in fact when the tv was on I suspect calls from the chromecast were prompting th econnection to the desktop to keep dropping. The chromecast is the v2, about a week old, worked fine with old Hub 2.

Have others had any problems with hub 6 and chromecast, and any ideas how to proceed appreciated.

0 Ratings
22 REPLIES 22
bringbackmono
Contributor
Message 2 of 23

Re: Hub 6 and chromecast

Hi Marcus...welcome to the world of HH6...the other day you posted that yours worked like a charm in response to my woes...sorry to hear it was so short lived....I'd go back to your HH2 for now until BT come up with an answer to what;s going on....we are not alone....
0 Ratings
peter-d-w
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 23

I was so impressed with the Chromecast Audio that I bought 3 of them and a Standard Chromecast too. They worked perfectly well with my HH5, they were always quick and responsive in use.

I have now 'Upgraded' to a HH6.

The Chromecast works on the HH6 using Mode 2 WiFi but rather slowly and definitely doesnt like FF or RW to be used.  My 3 Chromecast Audios don't work at all in any of the 3 WiFi Modes on the Hub. Setup seems to work but then the Chromecast announces that there is a problem and I should change some settings on the Router. I can't find any settings that would make a difference. It is very disappointing!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
billyd01
Message 4 of 23

Fixed that worked for me this morning - Get someone elses mobile and set it up as a Wifi hotspot, connect your mobile to this hostspot and setup your chromecast audio/tv. Go into device settings in the "Home" app and change the Wifi settings back to your BT Wifi - all in all 5 minute fix for both Chromecast Audio and TV.

Ignore BT telling you to split your SSID and Google telling you to switch off "Smart Setup" on your Router :0) 

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
RobC68
Beginner
Message 5 of 23

Have you had any further problems?

Some days mine will connet and others it won't.....  worked perfectly before I upgraded from HH5 to HH6...

0 Ratings
RobC68
Beginner
Message 6 of 23

Did you have any further problems?

I upgraded from HH5 to HH6 and now Chromecast only works odd days...? Very frustrating...

0 Ratings
Ian7777
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 23

Hi

I have found my Chromecast and Chromecast Audio devices work intermittantly on the HH6. I turn them off when I am not using them and find they take a "random" while to work once they are switched on.  This delay is way longer than the time necessary to get an IP address etc.  There seems to be no patterns or logic to their unreliability.

(I have tried all the different wifi modes and mode 1, the default and recommended mode seems as reliable as any other)

With regards to the Chromecast audio devices - I seem to be "mostly" able to cast music to indiviual devices, but its hit and miss whether the Group function works.  Often it just sends to one device in the group. However after a while ??? sometimes it starts woking and keeps then working.

I know Google recently changed the firmware due to a bug with Chromecast reseting HH5 devices I am not sure they have fully fixed all the problems yet, let us hope it gets better with future firmware releases !!!

0 Ratings
u505mo
Beginner
Message 8 of 23

Hi ,  this worked for me :

here is the link  to get the instructions to manually split the 2.4 and 5 GHz channels , then shut down the 5 Ghz channel so the chromecast hops onto the 2.4Ghz and this will solve the problem,

http://www.expertreviews.co.uk/networks/1404887/bt-smart-hub-settings-make-your-router-faster-and-le...

HTH 

Mo

0 Ratings
doyouknowme
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 23

Hi there

I have used the Chromecast on the HH6 for a good while with no problems, however anybody having any issues with the chromecast accessing the internet? The HH6 can see the chromecast and I can reboot it via the Google Home App, but playing content like Youtube etc proves to be a challenge. It works mainly when I reboot both the router and chromecast as you will be able to see the weather, time etc on the Chromecast backdrop page. Normally I just the backdrop with no other text and thats when I know it will not connect to Youtube etc.

Advice would be appreciated. 

Thanks

0 Ratings
yogurtspy
Beginner
Message 10 of 23

Exactly the same problem here. I thought I might have a dodgy chromecast so bought another but it's the same. Smart setup is turned off, and wifi is split. Don't know what to do now apart from ditch the HH6.

0 Ratings