Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 81 of 123

Re: Hub 6 not connecting to VPN

@ithebebs wrote:
Oh, and to let you know, I have phoned them, emailed and used the 'contact tg mods' link all to no avail.

Which post did you get the invite from the forum moderators?

0 Ratings
ithebebs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 82 of 123

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

@ithebebs wrote:
Oh, and to let you know, I have phoned them, emailed and used the 'contact tg mods' link all to no avail.

Which post did you get the invite from the forum moderators?

On a separate thread for speed issues with the Hub and other ongoing issues... Not had a reply for any of my issues.

Re: Swapped to BT - Terrible Speed - ( ‎01-09-2016 21h26 )             ...

0 Ratings
ithebebs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 83 of 123

Gave up. Purchased a new router. No VPN issues, no DHCP assignment issues, no wildly varying throughput speeds, no slow web interface and no LAN / WiFi routing issues... Sorted but at a cost!
0 Ratings
nix99
Contributor
Message 84 of 123

I've taken to posting a link to the youtube video I made (the one showing the crash) everytime I see a BT advert in my facebook stream.

I'll continue to do this until the issue is fixed - if it saves just one person from the misery of this issue it'll be worth it. 

0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 85 of 123

Hi ithebebs.....which router did you buy in the end please? I'm about to go the same route...only have capability of 45mbps in my house so I don't need the fastest thing on two legs, but I do have quite thick Walls and a fair sized house so need strong signal to reach around the house. .
0 Ratings
Highlighted
ithebebs
Aspiring Contributor
Message 86 of 123

I went for the VR900 which, I know I will regret saying it, just works... I was having so many other issues besides the VPN one (Routing issues, completely erratic download speeds etc) and this seems to have resolved it.
I am having one odd issue though where access to the internet seems to pause for a few seconds every now and again but resumes straight after. Not sure if it is BT side or the router but there are no errors or disconnects shown in the router logs...
0 Ratings
Burmey
Aspiring Expert
Message 87 of 123

Thanks ithebebs. Was / is port forwarding as easy to set up in this router as BT? Would a novice be able to do it?

0 Ratings
James_edge
Beginner
Message 88 of 123

Getting the same problem, Recieved a free Smarthub yesterday to replace my Hub 5 in exchange for renewing contract and it's now back in the box.  Only wanted it for the ability to turn the lights off at night, what a useless piece of junk 😞

0 Ratings
nix99
Contributor
Message 89 of 123

The VPN issue has gone on and on now - I'm almost convinced that they will never fix the problem.

0 Ratings
mallen9935
Message 90 of 123

I had the same problem using my work's Pulse VPN service but switched the "Port Clamping" option On and it worked!

Port clamping is under 192.168.1.254 > Home > Advanced Settings > Broadband > VPN

0 Ratings