cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hearterlea
Beginner
Message 1 of 123

Hub 6 not connecting to VPN

I have received my new Hub 6 yesterday and already it's back in the box.

I work from home and use an ethernet connection to my PC and a VPN to my work. The Hub 5 handles this perfectly.

With the hub 6 I can connect to the internet without any problems, but when I also connect the VPN I lose the internet connection, which means I can't work.

I've tried every setting I can see and even restored the factory setting but nothing changes it. Spent a hour onto india with no change. they didn't even know what VPN was!!, even though there are setting in the advanced area for it.

Does anyone else have this issue.

The only thing India has said is that I should return the Hub 6 and use the Hub 5 !!

0 Ratings
122 REPLIES 122
PaddyC13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 123

Re: Hub 6 not connecting to VPN

Hi Folks,

I have a similar issue.  Access work network via a CISCO Anywhere VPN but since upgrading to the BT Smart Hub 6 the connection fails.  This worked fine on previous routers including BT Home Hub 5.

Any ideas?

Many thanks

Paddy

0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 123

Hi,

I've just got the Smart Hub (HH6) and it performs a reboot whenever I start a VPN connection on a windows computer using the inbuilt windows VPN client. It works ok with other VPN software. I had no VPN problems with Home Hub 5.

Daz

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 123

I had this problem. Using Windows 7 PC and Forticlient VPN. My hub worked initially for 24 hours and then the firmware upgrade came and afterwards will not connect via VPN.

I use VPN because I log into work servers from home occasionally. The work I.T. departement could not sort out the problem but advised me to go back to the old router (TP Link D9) which works fine.

Also before I got the TP Link, I used HH4 and that never had any problems connecting via VPN. So it seems there is a glitch in the HH6 current firmware that needs resolving.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 123

Hi Everyone,

Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see you're having issues accessing your VPN using the Smart Hub. Please can you let us know your VPN provider and we'll get this fed back to the Hub team for further investigation. 

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 123

Hi,
My end is the windows builtin VPN client, the remote end is a Draytek Vigor router.

Daz.
0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 123

I'm using Windows 10.

0 Ratings
RGD
Message 8 of 123

Yep same here. Windows 10,VPN and remote desktop connection fails every time I try to connect and reboots the HH6.Wasted 4 hours with our IT people and some more on customer services who could only suggest subscribing to techexpert for a solution.

Told them I was not paying to be their devleopment/debugging stooge.Put back my HH4 and modem and off it went happily connecting.

In some cases the HH6 not only rebooted but disabled my network adaptor both wifi and ethernet (I tried both to eliminate a faulty adaptor).I suspect this was a safeguarding mechanism on my laptop.I needed to reboot the laptop to get back online.

You have a problem BT.A lot of people work remotely using Infinity so get a move on- the wifi signal was much better and the speed was good but a shame it is let down by something like this.Oh and I did switch port clamping on but with the same result.

Jiffy bag ordered HH6 boxed up and ready to go back.

0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 123

Had to fall back to the HH5. I tried port clamping as well but it made no difference.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 123

Hi Guys,

Thank you for providing that information, we've fed this back to the Hub team.

We'll post back as soon as we know more. 

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings