cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JP58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 51 of 123

Re: Hub 6 not connecting to VPN

Glad to report that a third party router has solved the problem for me. 

0 Ratings
oldforger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 52 of 123

Able to expand a little in terms of what worked for you?

0 Ratings
oldforger
Aspiring Contributor
Message 53 of 123

Hi @smf22,

It's still with them at the moment. I'll get it chased up and should have a reply back over the next couple of days.

Thanks

DanielS

Hello Daniel

Any update from BT on this issue?

Thanks

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 54 of 123

Hi mods, any news on this? Have upgraded to smarthub from HH5 and my and my wife's work computers will no longer connect to their VPN (Cisco Anyconnect).

Ive had to buy a 4g dongle to get online - not really an effective solution for the money I pay you.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
JP58
Aspiring Contributor
Message 55 of 123

I was trying to connect to a VPN using a PPTP connection which wouldn't work with the SmartHub 6 - bought a Netgear router and it connects fine now

0 Ratings
samelder
Beginner
Message 56 of 123

I'm having the same problem. I only moved over to BT a week and a half ago and I'm trying to get a HH5 now.
Devices dropping WiFi "BT do not guarantee WiFi connection".
Can't connect to vpn's "BT do not guarantee VPN connection".
I was told on the 30th that I would receive a hh5 on the 1st. I phoned the morning of the 2nd and was told it would be delivered that day. Phoned again in the evening and was told it hadn't been dispatched due to an error but it would be delivered on the 5th. I've just checked online and I'm now not getting a hh5 but another smart hub. I'm not sure what will take longer, changing to another provider, waiting for the problem to be fixed or waiting for a hh5.
0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 57 of 123

Is there any sign of a firmware fix for this?
0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 58 of 123

Not seen any response from the 'hub team'.

Looking through the post I don't see any mention of the firmware version that people have experienced this problem with. Presumably SG4B100021EC as that was/is the most widespread version to date.

From reading other posts it would appear there's now a later version of firmware, SG4B100021F4 and dated 22/06/16, but given that was 'produced' for BT prior to this thread starting, I think it would be overly optimistic to assume it has a fix. Unless of course BT already knew of the problem Smiley Wink

Regards 

0 Ratings
nix99
Contributor
Message 59 of 123

@smf22 wrote:

Not seen any response from the 'hub team'.

Looking through the post I don't see any mention of the firmware version that people have experienced this problem with. Presumably SG4B100021EC as that was/is the most widespread version to date.

From reading other posts it would appear there's now a later version of firmware, SG4B100021F4 and dated 22/06/16, but given that was 'produced' for BT prior to this thread starting, I think it would be overly optimistic to assume it has a fix. Unless of course BT already knew of the problem Smiley Wink

Regards 

Just to confirm that version SG4B100021F4 of the firmware does exhibit the crash.

0 Ratings
MonkeyWonders
Aspiring Contributor
Message 60 of 123

That saves me having to plug the router back in and wasting time upgrading it!!

0 Ratings