Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 196

Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Last night bt-wifi was activated on my (not so)smart hub 6 as a result my normal wireless on both 2 and 5g bands is constantly dropping out every few seconds meaning not a single device can connect wirelessly. ive tryied resetting the hub with no luck and now for some reasion bt fon no longer reconises my account so i carnt even deactivate it that way.

I carnt even put my hub5a back in as they demanded i sent that back as well.

ive had enough of this hub and am in talks with my solisitor to see if i can sue bt for not only chargeing me for this thing but also locking me into a new contract where im paying £15 a month more for worse service.

is anyone else haveing problems with this or found a way to disable the bt wifi?

0 Ratings
195 REPLIES 195
Highlighted
Message 2 of 196

Re: Hub 6 wireless now unuseable

Go to solution

Hi @AndyCoffin and thanks for posting.

I'm sory you're having poblems with the Smart Hub. If you haven't already resolved this please send me over your details and I'll be happy to help. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 196

Go to solution

You are not alone.

Luckily, I kept my HH5 and I'm using it until BT come up with a software update for the HH6.

The BT help desk wound me up by saying BT Policy is if you have problems with wifi then tough!  An unbelieveable position for BT to take following their advertising campaign about the HH6 wifi performance.

Maybe I need to be dangling from a helicopter 200m above my house in order for wifi to work.

0 Ratings
shamus1
Expert
Message 4 of 196

Go to solution

had new updare last night and now fon is active which i dont want so have opted out even thou i was already out,wifi is now rubbish 2.4 wont even connect anything so only have 5 ghz now fab update bt,my hub was all working great now its not.do they actuallt test the firmware before they release it,they still have not fixed the kbps problem in technical log which should be in mbps a simple error which did not get fixed from this firmware update but why if they test there firmware?

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 196

Go to solution
Hi all thanks for the replys. I finally got it semi fixed by unplugging the router overnight, once it rebooted everything connected and signal appiers stable HOWEVER my ping has doubled. As for the fon that still wont recognise my id but ive found the bt wifi settings on my account page and have opted out that way, just waiting to see if it disables the hub's bt wifi signal like it says it will. Im also hopeing i get my low ping back as well.
0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 196

Go to solution

Hi moderators, I'd really appreciate some help with the Smarthub, I'm at my wits end trying to get stable connections with all my devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 196

Go to solution

@Elliottj85

This is something that the moderators are not going to be able to help with, as they have no conrol over wiireless connections. They can only point you to the normal BT wireless help pages.

0 Ratings
Elliottj85
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 196

Go to solution

That's a shame, the help pages haven't provided a solution. I'm in a situation where some devices connect, others don't, work VPN is not working either. I've split the SSIDs, switched to different wifi modes, tried different channels etc all to no avail.

everything worked perfectly on HH5 too. Really shouldn't have upgraded

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 196

Go to solution

What firmware version is your hub running and does it still have the WiFi 'Band steering' shown as 'Feature coming soon' and so disabled? If it's enabled try turning that off.

On the Home -> Status page does it still show 'BT WiFi status' as inactive. Some of the other posters here have seen problems once BT WiFi is activated. I've not seen WiFi issues with Windows PC, Windows phones, Android tablet, Fire TV or Apple tablets and phones, but then my BT WiFi is still inactive.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 196

Go to solution
I have had no Wi-Fi problems with the hub 6 and that is also with BT Wi-Fi active
0 Ratings