Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Anje
Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Hub Manager does not show Wireless connection

Go to solution

My 'Hub Manager' shows my Ethernet connected PC; my hub phone and the wireless connected printer.

My daughter has a new laptop which has wireless connection to my Hub. According to her laptop it is connected to my Hub and she has access to the internet.

However, my Hub Manager does not show her as connected to the Hub. The result of this means that she cannot connect to the wireless printer.

We have disconnected and re connected to no avail.

Any thoughts??? All help appreciated.

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: Hub Manager does not show Wireless connection

Go to solution

are you sure your daughter is connected to the hub ssid and not to BTFON - should be able to check the wireless network connection name on the laptop

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Anje
Contributor
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Her computer says it is connected to the hub.

0 Ratings
Anje
Contributor
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

BT have contacted me and used the Go To Assist method of taking control over computer to see what is going on. They agree that the wireless printer is shown in the Hub Manager Devices as unknown and that the laptop is not shown at all. They agree that all devices are shown in the DHCP table although the printer and the laptop are shown as unknown when they both have names.

They had no idea why the laptop is not shown in Devices. They informed me these issues are normal and not to worry because at least the laptop can access the internet.

I am not satisfied with this nonsense as it also means I cannot have control over them and would like all devices connected to be listed under Devices.

I would also like to know if anyone can explain why the laptop is shown as having 'Lease Time' in the DHCP table. What does this mean?

0 Ratings
Geoff93
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution
When a device is given an IP address by DHCP it is given it for a period of time - the default on the hub is 1 day. When you look at the table it shows how much time of that 24 hours is left. Devices with a fixed IP address don't show a lease time as the IP address is always used for that device.
0 Ratings
Anje
Contributor
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

After three different people from the BT Help crew remotely viewed the Hub Manager issue of not displaying the laptop connected to my computer in the Devices Tab but showed as unknown in the DHCP table, non knew the answer.

I was advised to contact the Home IT crew who would charge for looking and fixing.

I contacted the HOME IT bunch and explained that I had no intention of paying for fixing a BT HUB. I explained that I had no way of knowing if this problem had been caused by a recent firmware update due to no access to this information via the Hub. The Home IT bloke advised that I RESET the Hub to defaults. (Not to be confused with a Restart). If no joy ring the help line again.

I followed the instructions to reset passwords and hey presto..solved. I can see the laptop and it is no longer unknown.

SOLVED.

0 Ratings
Anje
Contributor
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

After three different people from the BT Help crew remotely viewed the Hub Manager issue of not displaying the laptop connected to my computer in the Devices Tab but showed as unknown in the DHCP table, non knew the answer.

I was advised to contact the Home IT crew who would charge for looking and fixing.

I contacted the HOME IT bunch and explained that I had no intention of paying for fixing a BT HUB. I explained that I had no way of knowing if this problem had been caused by a recent firmware update due to no access to this information via the Hub. The Home IT bloke advised that I RESET the Hub to defaults. (Not to be confused with a Restart). If no joy ring the help line again.

I followed the instructions to reset passwords and hey presto..solved. I can see the laptop and it is no longer unknown.

SOLVED.

0 Ratings
Tagg74
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

I would hardly call it solved, having to reset your hub to defaults!

Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
You are posting on a 6 year old post and it was the OP who marked the thread as solved np one else
0 Ratings