cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Hub blue LED constantly flashing and error (overlapped password-override session detected)

Go to solution

In the event log it shows hundreds of entries stating - overlapped password-override session detected.

Does anyone know what this means?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Hub blue LED constantly flashing and error (overlapped password-override session detected)

Go to solution

@Oliveraw 

Welcome to this user forum for BT Retail phone and broadband customers.

Perhaps someone on your home network is trying to find your hub admin password, so they can change the settings?

They could be using a script to try lots of possible combinations.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Re: Hub blue LED constantly flashing and error (overlapped password-override session detected)

Go to solution

Does the log show any IP address associated with these events?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Noticed it after installing new HP laserjet M110we printer. No one was home over Christmas so I checked the hub event log that goes back a week or so. I turned off printer, no difference also, powered hub on/off no difference. I was wondering if a neighbour was trying to connect some kit or a hacker was trying to get into hub. Tried internet search to no avail.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

No IP address against these events, I logged into hub admin OK only IP listed was the printer I turned off but errors were before I used HP Smart to setup the wifi.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Can you see any ip addresses being issued since you last restarted the hub? There should be at least one (the device you are logging into the hub from) but any others may give a clue as to what happening. Is it still logging these messages?

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Still doing both at the moment only IP addr is of my laptop to log into the hub. I did see an article about a business hub connection of a hybrid device. Not sure if this has anything to do with it and printer is still off.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

It might be worth disconnecting your PC and restarting the hub, than after a while connect up your PC and check the log to see if these events occur when nothing you know about is connected to your hub.

Might also be worth trying with the broadband disconnected for a short while to be certain the issue is the home side of things and not the Internet side.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Hi Countrypaul

I was away for a few days but looked at the problem again yesterday. I noticed I had left a Comtrend home plug connected to the hub. I took away the one upstairs as the new fibre100 gave 145Mbps over WiFi.  On the home plug it was only 40Mbps. I unplugged the Comtrend by hub but no difference. Then I unplugged BT you-view and turned off both Digital voice handsets. I powered the hub off/on and flashing stopped. I logged onto the hub with my laptop, still no flashing. Then each handset was turned on, still no flashing and event log showed no errors. It must have been the Comtrend but can't understand why problem only started 2 weeks ago.

0 Ratings