cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Marionsteve
Message 1 of 6

Hub not in range

Hello. I am not sure if this is the right place..i have 2 samsung phones, and a samsung tablets, and 1 lenovo tablet. Can connect to wifi no problem. Just got a new samsung tablet, but it wont connect, saying hub not in range. It works if i sit nexg to the hub, but as soon as i mobe to tne kitchen it disappears. All of my other devices are fine. Has anybody any idea what may be wrong?, i dont know if its a faulty tablet, but seems weird, as it does connect whe  i am nere it. Thank you

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Hub not in range

Presumably you are connecting to your own network and not BTWifi.

Make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

It may be that your tablet is connecting to the 5GHz and not switching to the 2.4GHz when the range changes.

Some devices have a problem with the Homehub dual band having the same SSid (name). You should try splitting them. Once you have split them you will need to connect any device that can use both frequencies to both of the SSids.

See links

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44798/~/i-have-problems-connecting-5ghz-and-dual-band...

0 Ratings
Marionsteve
Message 3 of 6

Thank you for replying. Ok, followed instructions,  i cqn see the new wifi setting on all devices except the problem one. Done restart tablet and hub. Any other ideas? Thank you

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If you can not see the wireless signal on the device it would suggest to me that the device is faulty.

Are you able to do a hard reset of the tablet. If you do decide to do that you should do a back up as everything on the table will be lost. You can restore from the back up after it has reset.

1. With the device off, press and hold the “Volume Up“, “Home“, and “Power” buttons.
  2. Release the buttons when you see the recovery screen and the Samsung logo.
  3. Use the volume buttons to navigate the menu and select “wipe data / factory reset“. Press “Home” to choose the highlighted selection.
  4. On the next screen, press “Volume Up” to continue.

Once you have done the reset, if the tablet still does not see the wireless signal I would say it's faulty.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

One thing to try before doing the re-set is to try turning off Blueooth on the tablet and see how it performs.

0 Ratings
Marionsteve
Message 6 of 6

Thanks for replies. I am not technical at all. However, could it still be faulkty then if it connects to my WiFi in the living room, but loses signal when no go to the kitchen?? I set up the hub, it doesn't see the new name, bit my old tablet does. Course, just went to loom on catchup on sky, its knackered that connection now!!! Why did I nbnother getting a new tablet?????

0 Ratings