Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
tpaterson
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Hub2/Hub5/XP

Go to solution
My system was upgraded from Hub2 to Hub5 (not Infinity). A Windows 8 laptop and an IPad work perfectly but I cannot get an XP desktop to connect directly to the Internet. I have replaced the original wireless g card with a wireless n card but that made no difference. My only access method from the XP PC is via the BT WiFi service, at about a third of the normal download speed.

I am now at a loss as to what to try next. Any suggestions would be very welcome.

Tom Paterson
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hub2/Hub5/XP

Go to solution

Provided your version of XP is up do date with all the service packs, up to service pack 3, then you should have no problem connecting to encryped networks, unless there is an issue with the wireless card drivers, or the wireless key is wrong.

You need to make sure that any old drivers and wireless connections from the old card are fully uninstalled, to avoid any conflicts. Also make sure that Windows is set to manage the wireless connections, and not any 3rd party wireless utility.

tpaterson
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I took your advice and used Windows Zero Configuration (WZC) to configure the new wireless n card.  I had been using the software supplied with the card (from RaLink).

My XP PC is now connecting to the Internet through the Hub5.

Thanks for your help.

Tom Paterson

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Excellent Smiley Happy

0 Ratings