cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 71 of 72

Re: Hub3 + Modem site specific connection issues following W10 Creators Update.

Go to solution

Its swings and roundabouts with this issue as I see it. Remember it all worked with 'W10' up to the Creators Edition and so I'm hoping MS can come up with a fix from their end for this. Perhaps a change to Edge rather than a driver update. 

I find W10 for the most part runs really well indeed on Dell.

Its also quite an interesting scenario because MS have tempted people from W7 and W8 with the free upgrade. They can hardly tell them to revert back because of issues that later W10 upgrades have caused. Could you imagine the outcry at that. That aspect of things will get ever more involved because you can't (not easily for an ordinary user anyway) stop W10 updating. There will have to be some way to call time on things at some point.

Don't really fancy using a dongle do-dah tbh and for the most part I can work around the issue.

Liam... so you have found some issues with the latest version. I suppose it keeps us on our toes. I've actually sent this issue to MS using both the W10 feedback app and the feedback option in Edge. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 72 of 72

Re: Hub3 + Modem site specific connection issues following W10 Creators Update.

Go to solution

Just bringing this up to date...

The issues persisted and so I tried an x86 clean install with everything set up identically. Not quite so daft as you might think given that the Vostro has just 4Gb RAM.

The problems remained, however following last weeks round of updates I have had five 100% trouble free days.

One bit of info on the updates stated:  

Addressed an issue where Microsoft Edge users in networking environments that do not fully support the TCP Fast Open standard may have problems connecting to some websites. Users can re-enable TCP Fast Open in about:flags.

Whether that was part of the solution I don't know, however if you type about:flags into the top line of Edge then you bring up a screen of options. Hmmm.

So at the moment all is good although I can't come up with a definite reason as to what the fix was.

0 Ratings