cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 11 of 72

Re: Hub3 + Modem site specific connection issues following W10 Creators Update.

Go to solution

The problem has appeared again. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 72

Go to solution

Have you tried a different browser?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 13 of 72

Go to solution

@Mooly

Apparently W10 Creators Update can cause issues with Edge and other Internet connection issues.  About par for the course with some Win 10 updates.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 72

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Have you tried a different browser?

Yes, Internet Explorer. All seems fine with that on the problem site.

The problem struck again this morning and I tried a couple of things that didn't involve altering anything on the Hub, although I had no luck with correcting the issue. IE was fine. Back to Edge and still faulty. I then left things idling (no  browser open) for 25 minutes and found on return that Edge was back to speed again.

I don't understand enough about how a PC interacts with a router (and vice versa) to get a handle on what could be occuring here. For example why just an odd site affected ? 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 72

Go to solution

If it works with IE and not Edge, the problem is clearly with Edge and nothing to do with your router. Personally, I wouldn't use either.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 16 of 72

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

If it works with IE and not Edge, the problem is clearly with Edge and nothing to do with your router. Personally, I wouldn't use either.

I can't argue with the basic logic of that, and yet I certainly wouldn't bet on it. Stranger things have happened. Perhaps the latest version of 10 is 'incompatable' in some way. There are certainly no other reports of access issues on the site concerned, and its a truly global concern with 400,000 members.

One thing. My Hub 3 is the 'Type A' and is running this firmware:

4.7.5.1.83.8.94.1.52 (Type A)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 17 of 72

Go to solution

@Mooly

You really should give a good browser a try.  After getting fed up with the very flaky Internet Explorer in the 90s began using Netscape Navigator.  A vast improvement.  Then Phoenix when it appeared, that became Firefox and been using Firefox then the 64Bit derivative Waterfox ever since.

Never have any issues reaching any sites, unless of course the site itself actually has a problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 72

Go to solution

@MoolyThe Hub is totally agnostic to the Operating System of your device let alone which browser you are using on it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 72

Go to solution

The problem has nothing to do with your hub or BT. If the problem only happens when using Edge and has only happened since you did a Windows 10 update the problem has to be with Microsoft. It is either Edge or Windows 10 causing the problem. As IE works OK and I suspect so will Chrome, Firefox and Opera browsers that only leaves Edge being the problem.

One thing to try, in case you haven't already, and that is to carry out a re-start of your computer not a shut down and start. This can allow the Windows 10 updates to install correctly. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 72

Go to solution

Yes, I regularly do restarts as part of general housekeeping to keep the file system in good order. This problem appeared on the upgrade install initially, and then on my clean install.

I'll do some more research and see what I can come up with... and update this thread of course with any outcomes.

0 Ratings