cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 72

Re: Hub3 + Modem site specific connection issues following W10 Creators Update.

Go to solution

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Unless I have missed something, from what the OP has posted, the problem would appear to only occur using Edge on a wireless connection. When a wired connection is used everything works as it should. If it was a script issue, would that not happen regardless of how the computer was connecting to the Internet?

Sorry, missed that.

Was just trying to help, not take over.

First thing to do is to stop using Edge, and go to IE11, especially if seaching out there on the world wild web. Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

That was already suggested.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 52 of 72

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

Unless I have missed something, from what the OP has posted, the problem would appear to only occur using Edge on a wireless connection. When a wired connection is used everything works as it should. If it was a script issue, would that not happen regardless of how the computer was connecting to the Internet?

Sorry, missed that.

Was just trying to help, not take over.

First thing to do is to stop using Edge, and go to IE11, especially if seaching out there on the world wild web. Smiley Indifferent

Spoiler

That was already suggested.

I'll let you carry on. Sorry for butting in.

I had a lot of trouble with that Intel WiFi card with Windows 10 and the HH6.

All fixed long ago.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 53 of 72

Go to solution

Please feel free to butt in. It is a strange one so any suggestions welcome.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 54 of 72

Go to solution

Absolutely. All ideas and comments are very welcome and its interesting reading them all.

Just to reconfirm, the problem has only ever happened via wireless and coincided (to the second) with running Creators Edition of W10. Clean installs/s and an upgrade install were both the same.

I have even tried turning off Defender and its cloud based protection in case something was going on there.

My current driver is back at the W10 default that installs with W10 and is 15.4.1.1. I might do a bit more research in that department.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 55 of 72

Go to solution

@Mooly wrote:

Absolutely. All ideas and comments are very welcome and its interesting reading them all.

Just to reconfirm, the problem has only ever happened via wireless and coincided (to the second) with running Creators Edition of W10. Clean installs/s and an upgrade install were both the same.

I have even tried turning off Defender and its cloud based protection in case something was going on there.

My current driver is back at the W10 default that installs with W10 and is 15.4.1.1. I might do a bit more research in that department.

To reconfirm and correct my typo.

Driver is 15.11.0.9.

Date 30-04-2015.

Documented by Intel UK website as suitable for Windows 8.1 64 bit.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 56 of 72

Go to solution

Thanks for that.

I've been having a look on the Itel site and found this:

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/product/59481/Intel-Centrino-Wireless-N-1030-Single-Band

I've grabbed 18.40.4 for W8.1 and also 19.5.0 which is described as the latest W7 one.

Also took 17.1.1501 which is a much smaller package and is described as just a driver. Now thats where it gets interesting. I've just tried 18.40.4 and was surprised to see that device manager still reports the old driver in use. Searching the Intel forums brings up a suggestion that the package installs correctly but that it is only the application that is changed, the included driver would still be what I was running.

However... all I can do is try it. If its no good then I'll try installing just that driver next. If thats no good then I'll move on to the next and see if anything useful can be gleaned.

Intel 1.png 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 57 of 72

Go to solution

If you have no joy with the drivers why not update the card?  New cards should be cheap, like £20 - £30 tops.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 58 of 72

Go to solution

I hadn't thought of that tbh.

Another day and something new to try. I got a new driver package from Dell that was listed as W8 capable for the Centrino. This one does show correctly in device manager and is 15.2.0.19

I also had a little play yesterday using Windows generic drivers that are available in device manager when you choose to update the driver. I found I could pick deliberatly wrong ones such as Intel Centrino N135 and they install and work, also changing the name you see in device manager. Only downside on a short test was lower speeds at around 38Mbs vs 50Mbs +

Anyhow, the Dell one installed now is back up to speed and currently under test.   

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 72

Go to solution

Drat, drat and double drat. Just when it was going so well. The above driver gave the same problem late this afternoon.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 60 of 72

Go to solution

@Mooly wrote:

Drat, drat and double drat. Just when it was going so well. The above driver gave the same problem late this afternoon.

You could try a USB wireless adaptor, to prove the point.  You would have to check beforehand.

Then wait for Microsoft to come up with a fix, if any.

The information on the websites is that the substitute inbuilt wireless card is the Intel N6230 - (wireless-N of course).

This includes Dell machines, but it would need a very careful check, before jumping in.

Is the existing problem permanent, intermittent or recoverable?

0 Ratings