cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Huge Ping Spikes on New Connection

Hello!

I've recently moved over from Virgin Media (boo) to BT (yay)

Your connection is generally great for browsing and netflix etc pretty much anything that can buffer but it's been pretty poor for gaming which is the primary reason I have it. 

I've been having pretty huge lag spikes since day 1 across multiple devices.

I'm on a Smart Hub 2

Fibre 2

for the most part the speeds have been pretty decent but the spikes are getting more frequent and worse. I have looked up multiple posts on this forum with people with the same or similar problems as mine

I found this thread which seemed promising

https://community.bt.com/t5/BT-Fibre-broadband/Horrible-ping-spikes-and-packet-loss/m-p/1916928#M283...

in particular this included an "order for a super stable service" and now I am wondering how I can order such a thing for my service.

basically I really don't think I am getting what I payed for and went through all the trouble of switching for; I really don't want to regret moving over to BT 😞

I have a ping plotter here and a video showing how the lag presents in one of the games, I hope they are enlightening

google.com.png

Youtube link to gameplay 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Huge Ping Spikes on New Connection

No reply is pretty disappointing.

Anyway the problem still persists and infact seems to be getting worse.

www.pingplotter.com.png

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Huge Ping Spikes on New Connection

Update and bump.

I got in touch with support and they arranged an engineer visit. Miraculously our broadband started working normally almost instantly and worked great for almost exactly a week right down to the minute.

Now my connection has gone again and is in fact WORSE than ever. See attached picture from Ping Plotter.

For anyone reading this considering switching to BT I have to say I regret it immensely. Virgin media had a fair amount of downtime but at least the connection was strong and consistent when it was on.

Could somebody from support get in touch about fixing this please. Seriously considering leaving BT early.

google.com2.png

0 Ratings