Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
midnight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Huge Upload Speed Drop

Hi,

We have been with BT for years and usually get an upload speed of around 12mbps.

A year or two back it suddenly dropped to around 5mbps and, whilst BT wouldn't help, when I posted on here the speed suddenly went back up to 12mbps. I'm sure someone managed to fix it somehow.

Well, the speed has again dropped to around 5-6mbps, its actually been like this for a couple if months but I was hoping it might sort itself out. It hasn't, and I am now hoping that someone on here can help again?

The BT Speedtest suggests a max upload speed of 20mbps so we are well below this at the moment.

Our download speed is usually close to 60mbps which is fine.

The last time I posted this someone merged it with another post and it got lost, please leave as a separate post.

Thanks

Jon 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: Huge Upload Speed Drop

@midnight you're thread isn't missing its here https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Recent-Router-Crashes/m-p/1905333#M157989  

It's best to keep all your posts on the one thread as it makes it easier for the community to follow. Are you able to post your router stats on the above thread and we'll take a look?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
midnight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

Hi Neil, thanks for responding.

Happy to provide stats but I dont know what you need, I worked in systems development for 35 years so tech savy but limited knowledge of networks. My Synology RT2600AC also needs a separate modem and I am using a HUawei BT Openreach modem.

Let me know what you need and I will find out how to get them.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

if you are using a separate modem then stats are normally in the modem and unless you have unlocked modem are not accessible

I said same thing before

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
midnight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Sorry but your previous replies were not helpful, you essentially asked for stats and then told me I wouldnt be able to provide them.

Perhaps you could explain how I check if the modem is unlocked, and if it is locked how to unlock it?

0 Ratings
Techwizz
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Is it a Huawei modem (lights are square not round)?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

You can not be given information on how to unlock an Openreach modem of this forum. 

You can how ever do an Internet search and you will easily find information how to do it.

0 Ratings
midnight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Yes it is Huawei

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

that is easily unlocked just google it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
midnight
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 11

I looked into unlocking it but the only firmware I could find was SP08 and given I'm already on SP10 I'm not comfortable going back so unless anyone has any suggestions looks like I'm stuck with no access to stats.

0 Ratings