cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Hybrid Connect before Broadband Installation

I’m having trouble connecting to internet using my Hybrid Connect device which was advertised to keep me connected even before my broadband instillation which is on the 19th of April. I called BT and was told that I can’t use the Hybrid device until my installation date, which makes no sense  since that’s what the product is for. If anyone knows how to troubleshoot this and help me connect to internet, or verify wether or not I have to wait 2 months for internet,  please let me know. Thank you! 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Hybrid Connect before Broadband Installation

there was a similar post very recently and you should be able to use the device until you get your broadband up and running  maybe phone 150 or 0800800150 from mobile

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi, I have had the same problem as you - has yours been resolved? My connection date is also 19th April. When I connect my Hybrid Connect to the hub with the ethernet cable and turn it on I get a steady green light, then a flashing green light and then the blue bars and a flashing blue light. On some attempts the blue light in the centre eventually goes steady but the bars don't turn white as described in the instructions. I originally tried connecting my PC to the hub using ethernet and could not get an internet connection.

I have called BT 3 times now and have had different responses each time. The first time they said my Hybrid Connect may be faulty and sent me another one. This also didn't work.

The second time they told me I'd been sent the wrong hub and it did not have the latest firmware which supports Hybrid Connect and that they would send me a new hub, but this hasn't arrived.

Today I called and was told to disconnect the ethernet cable once I got the steady blue light and connect to my hub via wifi as it doesn't work via ethernet. I did this and still no success. I got the steady blue light once, but once I removed the cable I couldn't get an internet connection and when I restarted the Hybrid Connect I just got the flashing blue light and steady blue bars and still no connection. I get 3 or 4 bars so it's not a mobile internet problem.

Can anyone help? Fortunately I have a Minihub to use in the meantime.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Hello again. After reading another thread in this community regarding the Hybrid Connect I noted that the SH2 firmware should be v0.24.04.11017-BT in order for it to recognise the HC and mine is v0.21.03.07094-BT.

I called BT again today and they have now sent me a new SH2. It appears they did send one out last week but sent it to my old address as they had attached it to my original home move order - you couldn't make it up how many **bleep** ups they've made over this, but hopefully I'll be up and running tomorrow.

Obviously for customers with existing connections it's not a problem as the hub updates automatically, but as my service is yet to be provided at this address that hasn't been possible for me. I do hope they've learnt not to send out hubs with out of date firmware for people awaiting new connections in future.

0 Ratings