cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Hybrid Connect with Smart Hub

Go to solution

Background

I have a Smart Hub (NOT Smart Hub 2) as earlier this year I had issues with devices not communicating between the 2.4 and 5 GHz bands (Sonos app and Sonos speakers in my case) plus a speed issue after OpenReach fixed cabling problems external to my house so I "downgraded" my Smart Hub 2 to a Smart Hub.

My broadband and mobile contracts are due to expire in the next month or so, so I talked to BT and got a good deal on Halo 3+.  The Hybrid Connect and WiFi Disc duly arrived.  I connected and powered up the Hybrid Connect as per the User Guide, but it will not connect to my Smart Hub.  If I power it down and back up, it flashes blue for a few minutes then changes to flashing green.

I found an article on BT's site about using the Hybrid Connect but, confusingly, it says "Smart Hub 2" in the first section, but then simply "Smart Hub".  I can't tell if this means if the Hybrid Connect will work with any Smart Hub or if the copy has been written lazily and the device will only work with Smart Hub 2.

So, the question...
Does anyone know if the Hybrid Connect will work with the earlier Smart Hub or must it be connected to a "Smart Hub 2"?

TIA,
Chris

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Hybrid Connect with Smart Hub

Go to solution

As far as I'm aware, the hybrid connect requires a smart hub 2 to work.

Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
OK - thanks @licquorice
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Hi @shed53,

Thank you for posting.

What @licquorice has said is correct, the Hybrid Connection only works with the Smart Hub 2.

You can find out more about setting up the Hybrid Connection here - Hybrid Connect 

Thanks,

Paddy

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Thanks @PaddyB

Cheers,

Chris

0 Ratings