cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 68

Hybrid connect red flashing bars

Discovered this morning that router had reset overnight due to a firmware update. Lights on Hybrid flashing red with solid blue ring. Both wifi discs not working and ym setting on bt app all gone.

Have sorted app and got wifi discs working. I cannot get red flashing lights sorted. i've tried rest, wireless etc. It is obiovus that the firmware has literally destroyed my setting and in aprticular those that are ethernet to my hub.

Anyone have any solutions beore I report it to BT as it is theor fault for the firmware update which shouldn't have done what it has.

Thanks

Happy to post here, especially if it helps anyone else.
0 Ratings
67 REPLIES 67
Message 2 of 68

Re: Hybrid connect red flashing bars

Setting up Hybrid Connect | BT Help

"The lights on the device will tell you when you’ve found a good spot. The central light should turn blue, and the 4G signal icon should have as many lit-up bars as possible.

If your 4G signal isn't strong enough, try moving your Hybrid Connect away from your Smart Hub. You're looking for a place where as many of your signal bars light up as possible. 

If your central light turns orange, you're starting to move your Hybrid Connect too far from the Smart Hub and may want to move it a bit closer. 

If your central light turns red then your Hybrid Connect is definitely too far from your Smart Hub - try another location that's closer.

If your Hybrid Connect can't pick up a 4G signal contact us on 0800800150. "

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 68

I had 2 blue bars until this monrings firmware update. All was working fine until then. Central light is solid blue and always has been. The hybrid is right next to the hub and is conected by ethernet

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 68

Fed up trying to reset this after a firmware upgrade. Should never happen

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 68

Also happening with mine after firware update.  Solid blue circle and three flashing red bars.  App shows hybrid connected with 96DB strength.  Tried the usual steps but no joy.  Every time i go to BT site and click fix a broadband problem, it says it has spotted something and needs to run some checks and reboot router.  No issues with connection and app shows connections all good.  Broadband confirmed as working and speed test returns expected result.  Rebooting/Resetting makes no difference.  I did notice i had to cycle the power on the discs after the firware update as both were flashing red but the issue with the hybrid box wont go away.  Hybrod connected to router via Ethernet too.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 68

A mirror image of mine, including the discs but I was amazed that it wiped all of my settings on the app. Have yet to call BT ans not had the time or the 'will' yet

MY hybrid connecy is whown as connected but only on the smarthub settings and not shown on ethernet connections.

I wish there was a way re roll back the upgrade = if upgrade be the right word

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 68

I text ADVISOR followed by my landline number to 61998.  They called me back within 15 mins, very helpful.  Arranging for a replacement hybrid box.  Weird thing is it's all showing OK on the app, broadband working AOK and hybrid registering ok in app.  He checked network but no mast outages from recent poor weather.  Will report back when I get the new hybrid box.  One weird thing was he said he couldn't see a box registered on my account, but would investigate that as had the service active for 10 months.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 68

Thanks, please do so and let me know if new box solves it.

Would help if BT admitted the problem and did a new firmware upgrade

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 68

Phew! Not just me then?!? Thought I was going mad, tried everything to resolve this issue but no matter what I've tried still got those flashing red bars. Was working fine yesterday so for me this happened overnight.

Message 10 of 68

waiting on Allen to see if his replament works before I text fpr help

0 Ratings