cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 51 of 68

Re: Hybrid Connect red flashing bars

@faffing , who does it show as the SIM provider with the SIM that came with the Hybrid Connect and the one you used earlier? The Hybrid Connect status page of the Smart Hub 2 says that the SIM provider is BT. Which seems kind of odd, given it's EE now?

I'm waiting for a reply to the technical logs etc. that I sent over yesterday.

0 Ratings
Message 52 of 68

I'm going to say BT to both, as the EE sim is still in the hybrid and it shows as BT.
0 Ratings
Message 53 of 68

Problem solved with replacement Hybrid Connect box. Started a call with BT, on 19th Jan,  over another contractual point and mentioned this issue of flashing red bars and was put through to a technical department whose engineers appear to never have heard of this problem. After going through all the troubleshooting steps I had undertaken the engineer conceded the only thing left was to replace the HC which he duly did and it arrived next day.

After connecting it up, initially using Ethernet cable to hub after a couple of minutes the EE logo (no longer BT kogo) went blue as did the bars. I checked the firmware version and it was the same as the prvious HC firmware, so that doesn't look to be the problem. Anyway, then unplugged the Ethernet and moved the HC back upstairs and once started and showing blue bars I disconnected the broadband cable from the router  and after a couple of minutes I was onc again connected to the internet via the HC. After a short play I then reconnected the braodband cable and again after a few minutes it looked like service was once again via the homehub. One monir issue was that my laptop didn't seem to want to reconnect with the homehub until after I had rebooted it  but other laptops in the house all reconnected automatically.

Interestingly, the negineer conceded that I had been without the EE fallback option since 25th November and was going to arrange a refund  for the three months I was without the fallback option. So far this has not materialised but ... 🙂

Message 54 of 68

Interesting the November bit as that coincides date wise with my issue (hybrid being removed from my account). Although my hybrid works with another sim, it would appear that BT work solely on the basis that hybrids come as a package with a matched sim. Current update is last from Weds last week that they were sending me out a replacement unit, nothing as simple as a next day delivery for me it would seem.
Message 55 of 68

Apparently my case has been referred to EE who are doing a deep dive on the connection to the gateway, or somesuch. I should be getting an update later this week.

0 Ratings
Message 56 of 68

As of today (Thur 27th) I'm fixed!. Replacement EE hybrid arrived today within a few mins it was up and running on wifi with presumably an earlier firmware (v0.11.04.202107211837-BT). Shortly afterwards it rebooted itself and now has the later firmware that most all others posting seem to have.
0 Ratings
Message 57 of 68

Just an observation. The resilience log in my case is kept on the Hub, so my previous failings/testing/successes with the outgoing hybrid are all still there.
0 Ratings
Message 58 of 68

Hi, so when it updated to the latest firmware did it then revert to 3 red flashing bars, or is it OK?  You see it seems to be the firmware update that has caused the issue for most of us but if you are running the latest version and it works then its not that? I wonder if it is SIM Card related, ie an EE SIM works but a BT one doesn't?

0 Ratings
Message 59 of 68

No, still on the blue bars. I'll give it a good few hours before I try forcing an event (unplug the modem lead).
0 Ratings
Message 60 of 68

You may have something with the EE thinking, as I was able to get my old hybrid working with my phone's EE sim.