Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TomDowns15
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

I Need A New BT Home Hub 5

Hello,
I need a new BT Home Hub 5 as mine has just broken and instantly I can tell that the signal has gone down dramatically and the wireless isn't as strong. I've unplugged everything and I shake it a little and it sounds as if there is a part loose and rattling about. Where can I request a new hub?

Thank you.
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: I Need A New BT Home Hub 5

You will need to report a fault at  0800 111 4567

0 Ratings
TomDowns15
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

Is it possible to do it online?
0 Ratings
wedd1ng528
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Probably only if one of the mods pick up on your post but hey! it's a freefone number and much quicker than waiting for a mod to reply then you have to fill in a form etc etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Mistakes and embarrasing goofs in e-mails are only discovered when you've sent them!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 10

@TomDowns15 wrote:

No, you will have to report a fault. They will get you to carry out tests to ensure that the hub is faulty and only if it is will they then send a new one out to you. If you are still in contract this will be free but if your contract is ended you will either have to pay for a new one or re-contract.

TomDowns15
Beginner
Message 6 of 10

Yeah I'm still in contract with them. Personally I think that my hub got damaged in transit like in the post so I need a new one.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 10

then phone CS using number already posted

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

@TomDowns15 wrote:
Yeah I'm still in contract with them. Personally I think that my hub got damaged in transit like in the post so I need a new one.

So how come in your first post you said "mine has just broken and instantly I can tell that the signal has gone down dramatically and the wireless isn't as strong".

If it was broken in the post I would have expected it to be like that from the start.

As said, you will need to report a fault. They don't just hand out new ones because the customer says it broken, they need to test it.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

@TomDowns15 wrote:

Yes you can report the fault online here : -

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/5627,5629

0 Ratings
TomDowns15
Beginner
Message 10 of 10

Already had one sent out to me haha thanks for all the help guys 🙂 a new home hub 5 is on its way to me
0 Ratings