cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rugbyfisher
Message 21 of 25

Re: I have 2x Home Hub 5's, can i use my 2nd Home Hub 5 as a repeater/slave?

Thanks for your help its all up and running at the moment....the dead spots are now alive!!!!
0 Ratings
Richj1608
Beginner
Message 22 of 25

Am getting the new BT hub tomorrow (the 6 - whatever their latest one is?) and am hoping to use my old 5 in this way.  Does it work if they aren’t the same model.

on a related note is there a device which works as a multi port Ethernet switch (fed via Ethernet cable from my hub AND as a Wi-fi extender as one of the replies above suggests a dedicated device might be better than using an old router?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 25

@Richj1608 wrote:

Am getting the new BT hub tomorrow (the 6 - whatever their latest one is?) and am hoping to use my old 5 in this way.  Does it work if they aren’t the same model. Yes, no problem at all.

on a related note is there a device which works as a multi port Ethernet switch (fed via Ethernet cable from my hub AND as a Wi-fi extender as one of the replies above suggests a dedicated device might be better than using an old router? Yes, the  Edimax EW-7228APn is one such device, there are others.

0 Ratings
Richj1608
Beginner
Message 24 of 25

@Keith_Beddoe wrote:

This guide will tell you how. Although it for the HH3, the same applies to other home hubs.

http://forumhelp.dyndns.info/wireless/hh3link.html

You will need to run an Ethernet cable.

Hi, I have just clicked the link with the instructions and they do t appear to be there (it links to a BT ad?)

is the link link no longer valid, or am I missing something?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 25

The link is a very old link, I have now removed it from my website.

Look on the Forumhelp website under "Wireless problems" and you should find what you are looking for.

0 Ratings