cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Paul02920
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

I have bt home hub 3, wifi/broadband everyday 4pm onwards loosing connection/ and being out of range

I have bt home hub 3, wifi/broadband everyday 4pm onwards loosing connection/ and being out of range, i have been told by an adviser from bt, 12 months ago when this problem happens to turn of wait 1 minute and fire up and try again whilst i think there is a genuine problem with the home hub 3 and for the last 3-4 month its getting persistantly worse some days im having to do this 10- 15 times a day. we told an adviser 3-4 months ago about this and was first told we could have the latest and new home hub all free but durring the call the wifes mobile phone was ringing and the adviser said is that a mobile to which my wife replyed yes the adviser then said would you like the offer we have for bt sims, my wife said she wasnt interested, she was then told by the adviser that the original deal (which was for a free up to date home hub new!) was now not being offered and the only way we was going to get a hub was with the sims deal and we would get a new hub in the deal my wife said u cannot do that and was told thats the only deal you are going to get... we are too afraid to phone back up and sort our home hub as we think we pay enough through our bill as it is but have faulty equipment (for the last 12 months) is starting to get a bit annoying and frankly pathetic we should have to buy into these stupid deals just to get new working equipment which we should be entitled to. Anyone advise on what we should do because i feel a bit peed (please durring the last 12 months we have phoned bt about the problems but every time phone the hub seems to be working fine from a bt's side of things im slowly going BOLD!!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: I have bt home hub 3, wifi/broadband everyday 4pm onwards loosing connection/ and being out of r

You are of course, free to use your own router, you do not have to use the one BT supply, especially if you do not want to be tied into any new deals.

You do need to make sure that there is not a problem on your phone line which is causing the disconnections, you will notice a change in the home hub lights, if that is the cause.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: I have bt home hub 3, wifi/broadband everyday 4pm onwards loosing connection/ and being out of r

If you are still in a contract with BT and your Homehub is faulty it should be replaced free of charge without you having to re-contract.

If you are not in contract you would need to pay for a replacement Homehub or take out a new contract. It does not need to be a different package from the one you are on.

If the sales advisor did say what you have indictated he said then he was wrong to do what he did by telling you that initially you would get a replacement Homehub and then telling you that you would only get one if you agreed to a new contract with a mobile sim.

You should lodge a complaint with BT regarding that.

Carry out the check that Keith has asked you to do and report back.

0 Ratings