cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

I really need some help on multiple issues please. (FIFA Online Gaming Consistency)

Hi everyone

I'm having trouble with my gaming experience on FIFA 23 on Playstation 5. I'm using a wired connection. 

I've got issues with inconsistent gameplay via input delay / lag. 

I've taken action on the following 

Opened Ports for FIFA

Opened Ports for PS5

Set up a Static IP address for my PS5

DMZ - On

Tested Disabled all Firewalls (now been put back on) 

Played the game off peak hours

New Controller

I've now removed all open ports as nothing changed

I've now set the internet connection to AUTO and removed the static IP as no change. 

I've just noticed that my WIFI is set to - Public Hot Spot Active 

I have no way of switching this off via my Router or I can't find it anyway. I notice I get random devices on my wifi network and unsure if this is causing the issue. 

I'd also like to have my NAT TYPE to OPEN. 

It's currently set to NAT TYPE 2

I've spoken with EA Sports countless times on previous editions of the game 19, 20, 21, 22 and they always say it's an ISP issue. My ping when joining a game is always shown as between 10-24ms 

My PS5 connection is usually 300mb+ download and around 50-70mb upload. 

I'm honestly going crazy with it. I've seen lots of other players complain about the same thing however lots of other people are having no issues at all. 

I'm thinking of buying a gaming router but unsure if this will resolve the issue. 

Any help would be much appreciated. I've had this problem for a long time. 

Cheers.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: I really need some help on multiple issues please. (FIFA Online Gaming Consistency)

Are you a BT Retail broadband customer and if so which broadband connection do you have FTTC or FTTP.  which router are you using?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Re: I really need some help on multiple issues please. (FIFA Online Gaming Consistency)

Firstly thank you for your reply. 

On my router management it says my connection type is External FTTX

I'm not sure what you mean by retail customer Sorry. 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Who supplies your Broadband? 

(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

BT

0 Ratings