cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
andrewscho
Message 1 of 3

I want to change the settings on my HH2 to allow me to set up a new router

I recently bought a Asus Router Model RT-N56U to use as a router as I need better signal throughout my house. How would I go about setting it up as the router? What do I need to change about my homehub 2 to allow me to do this? Is there a better way to get signal throughout my house? Sorry for the deluge of questions. Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: I want to change the settings on my HH2 to allow me to set up a new router

I am assuming that you are on ADSL and not Infinity? (some early Infinity used a modified HH2)

You cannot use the ASUS as a router, as its not possible to configure the home hub 2 as a modem only. You would have to forget using the HH2, and find an ADSL modem without a router. These are quite difficult to find.

If you wanted to replace the HH2, then you would need an ADSL modem/router, these are very common.

The ASUS router you have is only any good if you are on Infinity, and have an OPenreach modem.

If you simply wanted to increase the range of the HH2, then all you would need is a wireless access point, connected to an Ethernet port on the HH2.

There are other products on the BT Shop to make things simple.

http://www.shop.bt.com/mini-sites/bt-connected-home/wi-fi-solutions/

0 Ratings
andrewscho
Message 3 of 3

Re: I want to change the settings on my HH2 to allow me to set up a new router

Thank you Keith, I will look into that.

0 Ratings