Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 41 of 124

Re: IP camera

0 Ratings
Message 42 of 124

I have got a software defined radio running 24/7. This allows people to listen to the HF frequencies. I had to set this up in a similar way to how I believe live streaming is set up. However, there is one difference between the bird box camera and the radio. I don't need to leave the radio on for people to be able to listen. If I was live streaming 24/7 from a bird box camera then I would need a computer running all the time, wouldn't I?

Anyway, I'll be here all day. I got people coming a bit later on, around 6 PM, so this evening will be out for me. But I can certainly fit in with you if you don't mind helping.

0 Ratings
Message 43 of 124

Okay, if I can host the camera myself without slowing down my Internet connection too much, then that is obviously a much better option. I normally switch my computers off at night. However, the nesting season only lasts a few weeks so there wouldn't be a problem in leaving my PC on all the time.
0 Ratings
Message 44 of 124

It would make much more sense to host the camera yourself, its only going to be a small bandwidth anyway, and you can control that yourself, which is why I suggested running a program on your PC

I do have some time now I have finished lunch so I can see how that would work out, and I can also see the stream requirements.

If you could please add port 554 to the port forwarding rules for the camera, just as you did for port  8999. Once you have done that, I will check to see if the port is open, using PortQuery.

I will then add your camera to Blue Iris, using the parameters specified in your video. With luck, I should see the stream from your camera.

0 Ratings
Message 45 of 124

I cannot actually see port 8999 open now, but it was yesterday.

Let me know when you have added port 554.

It looks like the camera login info is hard coded so I would not attempt to change it. It would form part of the local login as shown on my Blue Iris screenshot for your camera type.

0 Ratings
Message 46 of 124

Shall I remove the 8899 ports and replace them with 554?

0 Ratings
Message 47 of 124

@Ironside wrote:

Shall I remove the 8899 ports and replace them with 554?

No, leave both in place for now, as Blue Iris did get a reply on 8899, but could not fetch all of the parameters, but that is not unusual. Port 554 would need to be assigned to your camera LAN IP address, as before.

As I said, I cannot see any ports open at the moment, apart from your SDR.

I have built a camera profile on BI (Blue Iris), using the parameters on your video, but of course its showing no signal at the moment.

Please let me know when you have done the port forwarding.

0 Ratings
Message 48 of 124

Okay, I don't really know what I'm doing, but check to see what is happening now.

0 Ratings
Message 49 of 124

Do you do Facebook, Keith? I'm just wondering whether it will be easier to use messenger.

0 Ratings
Message 50 of 124

No I do not use any form of social media.

I can see port 554 open, just need to locate the stream now.

YES I can see your camera stream now.

0 Ratings