cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Moderator-Retired
Message 11 of 22

Re: IPAD 2 connection problems with HH5

Hi Toad1952,

Do you have any other devices that connect to the network wirelessly, e.g. a smartphone, laptop, games console, tv or anything like that?

Do they also suffer from the same lock up problem or is it only seen on the ipad2?
Chris.
BT Mod Team.
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Toad1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Hi Chris,

No-one else in the family have reported other problems. Laptops, phones, PS3s even a Sky HD box, all 'seem' ok. However, we have 3 iPads, each of which has suffered from this problem.

As I said earlier, I 'get round' this problem by disabling the 5.0 Ghz channel, which obviously isn't using the HH5 to the best of it's ability.

Ian.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 13 of 22

Can you advise which IOS your ipads are on?
If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.

0 Ratings
Toad1952
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

Just checked (ET phoned home) and at least one of them is on IOS 7.0.4. This is the iPad that my wife uses and is the one that I 'check' the connection on.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 15 of 22

@Toad1952,

There are lot's of reports of the Ipad 2/3 having various problems when connected to wifi after updating to IOS 6/7+. Here is one of many threads on the apple support forum with various customers reporting similar issues on the same devices, and posting fixes, or advising that after they have taken their devices to a local apple store they have had their devices replaced/repaired, some have been told that the WIFI issue's are known and nothing can be done until a fix is rolled out.

https://discussions.apple.com/thread/5410466?tstart=0

One quick fix seems to be once the device locks up and wont connect to the internet is to jump in and out of airplane mode and that seems to kick it back into action, others have advised that setting up a static IP address seems to help, or a restore of the device to factory settings.

If you jump onto the apple forum you will see that you are not alone in wifi issue's since the later updates, but I also have an Ipad 2 (ios6) and a HH5 on infinity and have never had any trouble (Yet, thankfully).

Cheers,
Chris
BT Mod Team.

Dode
Expert
Message 16 of 22

I have an iPad Mini on 7.0.4 and haven’t ‘yet’ experienced that problem. I have an iMac upstairs away from the HH5 which sits permanently on 2.4 and when the iPad is beside it it sits on 2.4 as well. When the iPad goes downstairs nearer the HH5 it flips over to 5.0. I know it’s supposed to do this but there does seem to be the potential for a problem to develop here. I’ve also opted in to BT WiFi and it has no problems connecting to that ether. May be that helps? Although I can’t think why it should.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
CaptnSpaulding
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Same issues on an iPad Air here, had to give 2.4 and 5ghz bands separate SSIDs and connect to the 2.4ghz. Every time I tried downloading data on the 5gz it would lock up.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 18 of 22

My iPad 2 on iOS 7.0.4 doesnt have the problem thankfully, however all data on my MacBook freezes randomly as you decribed and has been doing that for a while now. Yesterday I factory resetted the Hub and completely formatted and factory resetted the MacBook and the problem still persists.

I have a replacement Hub 5 on the way from tech support in the hope that will sort out my problem.

Will keep you all posted.

0 Ratings
davidmusgrove
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 22

Hi - Ive logged a similar problem on thread "Infinity HH4, Iphone 4 and Ios 7.0.4". Seems to be a HH4/5 incompatability with IOS 7.0.4. I can use BT Free Wifi and 3G with no issues, but broadband in my own home just locks up. All the other utms using the internet connection are perfecyly fine. Have just changed the auto channel on the router to a manual one and just made WEP2 encyption the only style in the hope that it works... Seems to be lots of 7.0.4 / HH4/5 problems...:-(

0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 20 of 22

Been experimenting with 2 Hub 5's as my replacement arrived today and I believe I have found the issue.

Please look at link below.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/Major-issue-on-HomeHub-5-confirmed-on-2-separate-Hub-5-s...