Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam_
Expert
Message 21 of 55

Re: IPV6 And Xbox One S

Go to solution

@MarkyR74

My son uses Playstations, occasionally when he has friends in they use Xboxes.  They plug them into a switch and the FritzBox handles the connections with UPnP.  Everything just works, never any issues.  It forwards identical ports to each Xbox using IPv6, no drama.

0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 55

Go to solution

Technically IPv6 doesn't need port forwarding with UPnP. 

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 23 of 55

Go to solution
Thanks for the reply.

I’ve decided now, I’ve ordered the TP Link and if that doesn’t work I’ll get the Draytek as I know their support is first class.

I shall update if the TP Link is good. I’ll update the firmware first on it.
0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 24 of 55

Go to solution

Right, change of plan, I checked out a review of the TP link and cancelled my order as it’s big! Not good for where I want it.

I looked all this way vending very hard at the Draytek, but it’s bazillion options and confusing setup put me off.

I looked at the Fritzbox but it seems their is limited support, reviews seem a mixed bag for the VDSL models?

So I’ve kinda gone with what I know, I had an Asus router a few years back and it gave great WiFi so...

I’ve gone for the tried and tested and stated on this website to work with IPv6 Asus DSL-AC68U. I’ll let you know how it goes, it’s a bit of a downgrade on wireless features on the SmartHub, but if it gives as good as it better range it should be ok. And the firmware will be mature for it too.

Is this a sound choice?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 55

Go to solution

Draytek 2862 would have been a better choice. Very reliable routers that don't have VDSL connectivity issues like Asus routers and they are Openreach approved.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 27 of 55

Go to solution

Done, will have to refuse delivery of the Asus.

You will need to help me set it up though as it’s your advice haha!! So ridiculous just to get IPV6 and a reliable connection..

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 55

Go to solution
0 Ratings
pcfarrar
Aspiring Expert
Message 29 of 55

Go to solution

There's just a few things you need to do on a Draytek to enable IPv6 for BT.

1. Wan > Internet Access > IPv6 - Set IPv6 connection type to PPP

The 2nd step probably isn't neccessary as the 2862 normally does this automatically:

2. Then in LAN > General Setup > IPv6 make sure IPv6 is ticked and DHCPv6 server is enabled. Also check that managment is set to SLAAC

After that it should work fine. Also if you update the firmware on the Draytek only use the BT firmwares.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 30 of 55

Go to solution

Thanks guys, I think I’ll update the firmware and set it all up before plugging it in! Hmm I’ll be turning off most of the things. 

I don’t think It will be delivered till next week. I did look again at the Fritzbox but couldn’t find the one BT have tested, and reading the people having issues with none tested hardware I’d rather play it safe.

0 Ratings