Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 1 of 55

IPV6 And Xbox One S

Go to solution

Hi, just wondering if anyone can help, I am using the BT Smart Hub (HH6), I can get the IPV6 profile in my Xbox One S but if I put it to sleep, the next day it loses the IPV6 connection, the Hub remains connected and has an IPV6 connection and settings.

ive read in here that the Smart Hub had an issue with this, is that still the case? Or are their settings I need to change? 

0 Ratings
54 REPLIES 54
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 2 of 55

Re: IPV6 And Xbox One S

Go to solution

Anyone able to help with this issue at all??

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 3 of 55

Go to solution

You could try doing a factory reset of the hub using the recessed switch at the back.  Hold in for at least 20 seconds till the lights flash.  Then disable UPnP and manually set up port forwarding for the Xbox.  That should fix the problem.

Only do the reset once though, too many in a short time can look like a connection fault and cause DLM to reduce the line speed.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 4 of 55

Go to solution
Cheers, but I have no idea how to setup enable port forwarding on IPV6. Is it easy enough to do?
I was looking at other router options but think they will all be too big, look like massive slabs where it’s located!
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 5 of 55

Go to solution

I don't use a hub myself so you might want to look here.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/8790/~/how-do-i-set-up-port-forwarding-on-my-bt-hub%3...

You could always look for ones that wall mount, like below.

Master socket 1.jpg

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 6 of 55

Go to solution
Hmm well the firmware on my Smart Hub updates last night to a new release. I’ll reset it at the weekend and see how it goes, see if it fixes any IPV6 issues.
Otherwise I did see an Asus VDSL router I may get to replace it.
0 Ratings
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 7 of 55

Go to solution
Hi there,

I have got the exact same issue with my Xbox one X and the BT hh6, where it keeps losing ipv6 when ithe console switch off and in sleep mode. Did the port forwarding solve the issue?

I find by putting the console offline and then online helps it regain ipv6.

One way to get round it is to switch the console to energy saving mode, therefore it will always regain ipv6 when boot it up. But, i prefer instant on mode as well, but may bite the bullet.

Didn't have issue when I was with sky broadband.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 8 of 55

Go to solution

Manually forwarding the ports is the best way to go.  UPnP on the hubs is slightly problematic at best.  Several posts on the forum suggest turning it off.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 9 of 55

Go to solution

Nope haven’t bothered with port forwarding, far too much messing around, so I’ve given in and bought a Netgear D7000, it’s approved by Open Reach, which is just as well I checked as I was going to buy an Asus, none of which are approved and risk messing your IP Profile up!

should get it in Sunday, see what it’s like. I did have that exact same Draytek modem last week but sent it back, because with the Netgear Orbi system I have it was adding to my ping times, so spending more money was making the performance worst haha...

hmm if the D7000 works well my Orbi will be going on eBay... 

0 Ratings
SRKirk
Beginner
Message 10 of 55

Go to solution
Did setting up a new router resolve the issue with ipv6 and your Xbox one?

I tried switching off the upnp and forward the necessary ports in the router, but this didn't work my Xbox one NAT went to strict as soon as I done it. any advice Liam?
0 Ratings