Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam_
Expert
Message 51 of 55

Re: IPV6 And Xbox One S

Go to solution

No a router in between computer and modem won't work,  The PC/MAC or whatever has to be connected directly by cable.  Nothing in between.  If I want to look at the modem stats I just swap the cable from modem to the Fritz WAN port and the LAN cable from the Fritz to the modem.  Only way to get access.

From the user guide:-

If you do want to connect to the Vigor 130’s web interface (for diagnostic

purposes or to change settings for a non-standard ISP), you can connect its

Ethernet (RJ45) interface directly to your PC. If your PC is enabled as a

DHCP client, it will get an IP address from the Vigor 130, otherwise, set

your PC to an IP address in the 192.168.2.x subnet (where ‘x’ is any number

between 2-254).

The Vigor 130 should then be accessible on its default address in your web

browser of http://192.168.2.1 and you can login with the default

username/password of admin/admin. You should change that password

from the system maintenance menu before you leave the router’s setup

screens.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 52 of 55

Go to solution

Ah thanks Liam. Oh well it’s easy enough to plug in the laptop if needs be. I’m still testing the setup, testing if using Google’s or BTs DNS servers is best and more reliable. But so far so good.

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 53 of 55

Go to solution

@MarkyR74 

Some questions if you don't mind (assuming you are still with BT!) as I am now having problems with XBOX

1 Is your setup still working OK for both IPv4 and IPv6?

2  Is you XBOX connected ethernet or wifi?

3  Do you get any multi user gaming issues (speed, latency) particularly if someone else is on Netflix, Skygo etc. whilst you are gaming?

Many thanks

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 54 of 55

Go to solution

Hi, I left BT and am now with IDNET, my setup is a Drayton Vigor 130 and currently an ASUS AC86U router. 
With BT and IDNET if someone watches live tennis streaming in the ATO tennis app on our 4K Fire TV stick, with them it affects games I stream on the Nvidia GeForce Now service, I use QOS to limit this though and it runs much better then.

Otherwise it works perfectly fine, I can game fine on none streamed games. 
I gave up with IPV6 and the Smarthub. 

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 55 of 55

Go to solution

@MarkyR74 

Thanks for prompt response.

My setup is Vigor130 + TP-link Archer C7 and I cannot get IPv6 to work. apparently it used to work with C7 but BT changed network configuration so now it does not and TP-link have yet to update firmware to deal with change. I am currently using BT Smart Hub. I do not want to but at least IPv6 works with it and XBOX, when using IPv6, has far lower latency meaning others can also stream (Skygo, iplayer etc.) at same time. I am looking for router that does work with both IPv4 and IPv6 but nobody seems to get consistent results - no wonder if ISPs change their network configurations on a whim, without advising equipment manufacturers and with complete disregard for customers!

0 Ratings