Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Liam_
Expert
Message 11 of 55

Re: IPV6 And Xbox One S

Go to solution

@SRKirk

If you have had a look through the forum at posts concerning strict NAT Xbox one and none of the suggestions help then it might be worth investing in a new router.

I found port forwarding to be somewhat hit or miss on the three different hub models I have tried over the years.  All had UPnP issues and unreliable port forwarding, as in sometimes it worked and then didn't.

Technically NAT should no longer be an issue with IPv6 as the address assigned is Globally accessible, NAT only applies to IPv4 addresses.  A good third party VDSL router will cure the problem.  Have a look here:-

https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2017/11/calling-clarity-openreachs-broadband-modem-conformance...

Scroll down the page for a list of currently approved routers for use on the Openreach network.  Ignore Netgear as they don't do IPv6 properly and seemingly have no intention of fixing the issue.  See the Netgear forum for the complaints regarding this.

I'm using a FritzBox and have no issues of any kind, everything just works as it should.  Though the Fritz may not suit everyone and is not the cheapest either.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 12 of 55

Go to solution

Yeah I now know that the D7000 I got today doesn’t do IPV6 that BT use!! Back it goes

On another note, the £130 Netgear D7000 V2 I bought from Amazon brand new, and updated the firmware on does NOT have as good wireless as the BT SmartHub does!!!

So I will have a look at port forwarding, if it doesn’t work I guess I’ll have to bite the bullet and buy a Draytek? Although I’ll be looking at around £250 ish for one that does wireless AC. But at least it’ll work....

hmm may be worth looking at th Fritzbox ones too providing they make one with a built in VDSL modem?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 13 of 55

Go to solution

The FritzBox 3490 is a VDSL router.  Has passed the Openreach MCT and at one point Zen were dishing them out to new customers.

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 14 of 55

Go to solution

Yeah I’ll take is look if port forwarding doesn’t work.

ive setup a IPV6 Pinhole for port 3074 on UDP, I pressume that’s correct? I’ve left IPV4 as is for now.

are the Fritz boxes big?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 15 of 55

Go to solution

Not particularly large, about 9 x 6.5 inches.  They wall mount out of the way if you want.

Sent you a PM with some info.

Master socket 1.jpg

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 16 of 55

Go to solution
Hmm ok, the port forwarding hasn’t worked? Tried it this morning and no IPv6 on the Xbone..

Sigh...

So I’ve looked around and like the look of this Fritzbox but it has not been tested by OpenReach? It’s the only model that offers MIMO though, not sure about beam forming?
Is it worth a punt, it’s not cheap and if it doesn’t support BT Infinity IPV6 it’ll have to go back.

http://en.avm.de/products/fritzbox/fritzbox-7580/

Does anyone know anything about this model? I guess another option is Billion? Or again Draytek but they don’t always have the best wireless.
0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 17 of 55

Go to solution

The 3490 has been certified which is why it was mentioned.  It's at the top of the list in the link in message 1.  Scroll down the page and you'll see the list.

Do you really need all the bells and whistles of the 7580?

The 3390, wireless N,  I use can max out the 80/20 Infinity connection on wireless, so the 3490 with AC will perform a bit faster on the LAN.

wireless speed test.png

0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 18 of 55

Go to solution
Yes I do want all the bells and whistles of the latest routers.
And a quick question as I don’t think you mentioned it? Do you have an Xbox One original or S version running on your setup with no IPV6 issues?
0 Ratings
MarkyR74
Contributor
Message 19 of 55

Go to solution

I’ve been looking around. I am going to give this TP Link a go as people seem to think they should work with IPV6? Can anyone confirm this? It’s not tested by BT but people say it’s a stable router and it will give me all I’m after for a good price:

*Edited by Mod*

The Dratek is tempting but it’s £280 and has a menu system with a bazillion options...

Anyway. Is the TP Link Archer VR2800 Ok to use?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 55

Go to solution

@MarkyR74 wrote:
I’ve been looking around. I am going to give this TP Link a go as people seem to think they should work with IPV6? Can anyone confirm this? It’s not tested by BT but people say it’s a stable router and it will give me all I’m after for a good price:

*Edited by Mod*

The Dratek is tempting but it’s £280 and has a menu system with a bazillion options...

Anyway. Is the TP Link Archer VR2800 Ok to use?

The manual does show IPv6 configuration, but the emululator does not, but the emulator is an old version, so that may explain it.

The emulator for my TP Link TD-W9970 does show IPv6, so it may be that TP link have not updated the emulator for the VR2800 yet?

0 Ratings