cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kanthamohan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

IPV6 - Rolling out?

I have been long waiting for native IPV6 and seems like something is happening at BT.

I use my own router and can find from the PPP logs that the IPV6CP is now reporting that the Layer is UP. Until about a week ago, this would fail.  While this sounds promising, there is no IPV6 address asigned. I am trying to to obtain an address using DHCPV6, does anyone in the know (IPV6 knowledge specifically)  point to what is happening and why? 

Other reports on this forums seem to suggest that the IPV6 addresses are assigned using DHCP (V6) and have a /56 subnet. But these setting do not work.. am I missing a trick?

Regards

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: IPV6 - Rolling out?

I've seen IPV6 enabled on my new SmartHub6 but after the 3rd reboot today it is coming up as disabled again. I am not going to reboot just to see if I get IPV6 back though as I have had enough issues already with the SH6 and it is currently up for the longest it has been (nearly 3 hours) without a hint of a reboot.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

try 64 that should work
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

@VinceMarsters wrote:

I've seen IPV6 enabled on my new SmartHub6 but after the 3rd reboot today it is coming up as disabled again. I am not going to reboot just to see if I get IPV6 back though as I have had enough issues already with the SH6 and it is currently up for the longest it has been (nearly 3 hours) without a hint of a reboot.

sounds like your SH6 may have taken on a firmware update  what version is shown

0 Ratings
VinceMarsters
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

@john46 wrote:

sounds like your SH6 may have taken on a firmware update  what version is shown

The firmware version is SG4B100021EC which is what it has been on since at least the mid afternoon (no idea what it was when I first connected it) and I had IPV6 after that I am sure.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

that is the most up to date firmware and its install would have caused a reboot IPV 6 is currently being rolled out but appears to be going on and off over the last week or two
0 Ratings
Highlighted
kanthamohan
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 7

No joy requesting a /64 address either. The IPv6 layer on Ppp is definitely up but no IP address is being issued.  

0 Ratings