cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 17

Re: IPV6 with Netgear....is this still an issue?

Go to solution

Sorry to resurrect this from the dead, but I figured it would help someone else out.

I just purchased a Netgear Nighthawk RAXE300. As far as I can tell, I cannot get it to work with IPv6 & IPv4. So adding my vote to the "don't by netgear for IPv6" pile.

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 17

Go to solution

Are you say IPV4 is an issue too?

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 17

Go to solution
It seems to be mutually exclusive. After trying all of the settings under IPv6 I could find, the best I ended up with was either:
- IPv6 works, but no IPv4
- IPv4 but no IPv6
0 Ratings
Message 14 of 17

Go to solution

Are you thinking you can use both at the same time ?

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 17

Go to solution

@gntr8102 What does https://test-ipv6.com/ show?

Bear in mind BT use only IPv4 for both IPv6 and IPv4 DNS lookups.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 17

Go to solution

@Stu_HI'm not sure what you're getting at here? I was at the very least expecting to be able to resolve not just IPv6 addresses, but IPv4 as well.

My understanding, upon further reading is that BT uses IPv6 with PD, and that Netgear has refused to support this.

In any case, the router is being returned.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 17

Go to solution

Don't have the router plugged in any more. I recall when testing with https://ipv6-test.com/ I had either:

- IPv4 Connectivity all unsupported (with IPv6 connectivity), DNS4 + IP6 working, DNS6 + IP6 working
- IPv6 Connectivity all unsupported (with IPv4 connectivity), DNS6 + IP4 working

I tried with using BTs DNS servers, Google, NextDNS and all had the same results from what I can remember.

In comparison with an ASUS router I have switched to (AX86U), I have the following (after testing now):Screenshot 2023-02-05 at 13.57.39.jpg

0 Ratings