cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
inspiration
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

IPv6 no longer working, no DHCPv6 response.

Hi

I've been using IPv6 natively since I moved to Infinity about 8 months ago, I was using an HE tunnel before that. Two nights ago my broadband service went down for 20 mins around 1am, since then I'm not getting a responce to my DHCPv6 requests.

The service is off a cabinet in a small village, other folk in the village had their service go down at the same time. Seems more likely it's the result of engineering work rather than a fault.

Any ideas how to get it fixed? I'm reluctant to phone support, from past experience I'll be asked to connect to the master socket, that's not ging to fix this.

Alastair

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: IPv6 no longer working, no DHCPv6 response.

try a factory reset of the hub using the reset button on the back of the hub hold it in for 20 seconds until the lights flash
0 Ratings
inspiration
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

Niether my HH6 or the Cisco I usually use are working.

0 Ratings
inspiration
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 10

In the absense of any suggestions I decided to call support, first person transfered me to a PC support team, called again and the 2nd person was helpful, they went back and forther with their technical team who suggested a replacement home hub or an engineer visit.

Guess I'll live without for now and hope IPv6 will re-appear as mysteriously as it dissapeared.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 5 of 10

There seem to have been quite a few reports of IPv6 coming and going on the HH6, with several people complaining that it disappeared and never returned.

The way to avoid that, of course, is to use a decent third party modem/router instead, which would be preferable for any number of reasons. But of course not everybody wants the extra expense.

p

jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 10

I haven't seen IPv6 on my HH6 for months.

0 Ratings
alronmate
Message 7 of 10

I fear this has happened to me.

As the image below shows, I have no IPv6 connectivity. The only reason I even found out about all this (total novice) was the fact a game I play through my browser stopped working. It still works on 4g on my phone and when I use a proxy server to connect to TOR. I've tried factory reseting my router to no avail.

Does anyone know if I can connect another router to my hub and connect just my PC to the new router?

ss+(2018-01-01+at+07.02.34).png

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Why connect another router to your hub, bin the hub and connect the new router directly to line. There is no modem only mode on the home hubs.

0 Ratings
inspiration
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 10

Rebooted the router (Cisco 1921) tonight and IPv6 has returned. No config changes as my end, it's just started working again.

0 Ratings
ePatryk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

Hey guys,

I am in the exactly same situation as you. After I've upgraded to a new contract, IPv6 disappeared completely. Customer Support is completely useless.

If you know about the solution, please let me know.
0 Ratings