Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 191 of 264

Re: IPv6 on Tp-Link TD-W9980

Go to solution

So at this moment in time is there any 3rd party routers working with IPv6 correctly aprart from BT own.

Also the W9980 is shown as a discontinued product on the TP-link site so I would not expect any update for this product now 😞

http://uk.tp-link.com/search/?q=w9980

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 192 of 264

Go to solution

There are a number of third party routers working that people have posted here about.

I use a Ubiquiti EdgeRouter that works 100% with BT IPv6, though I wouldn't recommended unless you're very happy with a CLI. I know of others on the forum using Fritzbox, TP-Link VR600 (though that's currently using beta firmware) and Asus models with reports RT-N66U and RT-AC87U working.

Regards

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 193 of 264

Go to solution

@MatthewG- wrote:

So at this moment in time is there any 3rd party routers working with IPv6 correctly aprart from BT own.

Also the W9980 is shown as a discontinued product on the TP-link site so I would not expect any update for this product now 😞

http://uk.tp-link.com/search/?q=w9980

Indeed, I'm not expecting a firmware update for mine.

0 Ratings
tchodgson
Contributor
Message 194 of 264

Go to solution

Thanks for this, the setup described by Liam seems to work for my VR900. Not really sure what good that does me but at least I can park my Smart Hub.  I am still sore at being banded by the Smart Hub after a couple of years of flawless TP Link performance.  

@Liam_ wrote:

For any one with a TP-Link Archer VR2600 is having IPv6 issues you could try this suggestion from TP-Link tech team.  The same may also apply to other recent model TP-Link routers.

I have confirmed from our Technical Team and yes you are correct. At the moment we do not support /56 IPV6 Delegation on our TP-Link routers, but will include this in the next firmware update ASAP.

The VR2600 Router however can work on BT VDSL IPV6 Line and you will be able to connect to internet on devices. The only difference will be that the Router itself will not receive WAN IPV6 Address, LAN IPV6 Address due to the /56 Limitation.

Please see the below steps to enable IPV6 for TP-Link router.

Step 1:- For WAN Settings.

1.jpg

2- For LAN settings

2.jpg

Once saved, Please give the router 1-3 Minutes to receive IPV6 Connection through. Now test the IPV6 connection.

If after waiting, The IPV6 Connection still does not establish, then please disable the Ethernet/Wi-Fi Adapter of PC and enable it again. This should fix the problem.

0 Ratings
MatthewG-
Aspiring Expert
Message 195 of 264

Go to solution

So does the VR900 and VR2600 work straight out of the box with IPv6 after changing the settings?

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 196 of 264

Go to solution

I think it will depend on the firmware version.  I don't know if the beta that fixed IPv6 is in the newest retail routers, or if the current production models have a fixed version.  The TP-Link website is not showing newer version firmware yet for the VR600/900 routers.

The VR600 V2 isn't giving any info that I can see re. IPv6 or firmware updates.

The VR2600 still shows no firmware newer than 18/05/16.

Sorry it doesn't really answer you question conclusively.  But they still pass through IPv6 to LAN devices.  Hopefully TP-Link will release updates soon.  You could check with their support people, the more enquiries they get the better.

0 Ratings
jaybeetoo
Aspiring Expert
Message 197 of 264

Go to solution

I got this from TP-Link about the VR2600:

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

Yes this modem router doesn't support /56 IPV6 Delegation, I consulted our related department, we are not sure when or whether we will release a firmware to support it, so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Not good news.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Trace-T
Contributor
Message 198 of 264

Go to solution

@jaybeetoo wrote:

I got this from TP-Link about the VR2600:

Thank you very much for your email requesting information about our product.

Yes this modem router doesn't support /56 IPV6 Delegation, I consulted our related department, we are not sure when or whether we will release a firmware to support it, so sorry for the inconvenience caused.

Not good news.

I use the VR2600 too so this is very sad news.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 199 of 264

Go to solution

Hmm.  Not so good.  TP still replying with the old info.  Does this mean we should not recommend TP-Link any more in relation to folks wanting to use IPv6?

Seeing as they seem a tad tardy in releasing fixed firmware.

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 200 of 264

Go to solution

@Liam_Your post encouraged me to send my TP-Link contact an email, enquiring (again) as to what has become of the public version of the VR600 beta firmware released in January. I pointed out that its non-appearance, and the fact that TP-Link Support are still telling people that their equipment may never work with /56 delegation, mean they're potentially losing sales. Which is silly, given that (as far as I can tell) the beta firmware solves the Ipv6 problems perfectly well. I know they'd said earlier that they wanted to roll up other improvements in the public release but the delay is excessive.

We'll see what I get back - after Easter, I imagine.

p

0 Ratings