cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
irhm
Message 1 of 6

Icons in Hub 6a My Devices

When looking at My Devices list, some of the green icons on the left have a "D" in them, and others don't.  What does this indicate - it isn't DHCP as all connections are DHCP.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Message 2 of 6

Re: Icons in Hub 6a My Devices

@irhmwrote:

When looking at My Devices list, some of the green icons on the left have a "D" in them, and others don't.  What does this indicate - it isn't DHCP as all connections are DHCP.

Hi @irhm

Purely as a guess, certainly consistent with my devices the D indicates Dual-Band (2.4 and 5 GHz) capable devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Nope, I have a D against a desktop with no wireless capability and a device configured static IP address.

Sorry, don't know the answer either.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 6

I don't think it's anything to do with Dual Band, some of my devices have a D superimposed on them and some of those are connected via ethernet and others are 2.4 GHz only.

I'm guessing it means that the device with the D is logged in DNS so that it can be addressed either by its IP address or device name

0 Ratings
irhm
Message 5 of 6

just tried pinging using the name - resolves the host name to IP for without a D and with.  from Windows to another Windows PC and also an iPad and Android.  The D's come and go.

I think I'll put it down to one of life's unimportant mysteries...

V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 6

Strange how the access control and Port Forwarding icons are explained but not the D. Qué Sera
0 Ratings