cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Killicks1
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

If I join by I get the smart hub 2. Can I buy a disc online and avoid the £10 WiFi complete rental

Go to solution

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: If I join by I get the smart hub 2. Can I buy a disc online and avoid the £10 WiFi complete ren

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

They are not available at the moment, but read this post which has the price.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/Introducing-Complete-Wi-Fi-from-BT/m-p/1915333#...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 9

Re: If I join by I get the smart hub 2. Can I buy a disc online and avoid the £10 WiFi complete ren

Go to solution

No

0 Ratings
Killicks1
Beginner
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution
So the by disks on eBay are only to extend the network?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

@Killicks1wrote:
So the by disks on eBay are only to extend the network?

Hi @Killicks1

As far as I know you only get the SH2 if you take on the Complete WiFi else you will receive a Smart Hub (HH6). You can then buy a SH2 for £100. I don’t know the official line but Discs bought on a well known auction site should work with any SH2. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Only the black disks are compatible, not the white ones that you see advertised. The black disks have to be returned to BT if you opt out of the package, as they are only rented out as part of the package.

complete wifi disk.jpg

Not these below.

whole home disk.jpg

0 Ratings
Killicks1
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution
Lots of black disks on auction sites
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

You need to remove the link. It is not allowed to post links to e-commerce sites.

Killicks1
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Just checked with by chat
The standard package comes with smart hub 2
A complete WiFi disk can be added at a later date.
Think the answer to my original question is YES
0 Ratings