cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

If I turn of 2.4Ghz band on the BT Smart Hub 2 will the Wifi Disc only use the 5Ghz band or will it

Hi, I need to ensure my devices are on the 5Ghz band so have turned off the 2.4Ghz on teh Smart Hub, for devices connected to my disc will it only now be using the 5Ghz band?

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: If I turn of 2.4Ghz band on the BT Smart Hub 2 will the Wifi Disc only use the 5Ghz band or will

Rather than turning the 2.4GHz band off in the Smarthub you might be better to set your devices that have dual band to only connect to the 5GHz band. This will allow any devices that only have the 2.4GHz band to still connect.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: If I turn of 2.4Ghz band on the BT Smart Hub 2 will the Wifi Disc only use the 5Ghz band or will

I believe the discs will still be using both bands.

On a PC you can normally change the adapter setting to only use the 5ghz band.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

I’d like to know more about this? I’ve got iPhones and amazon devices. I’ve no option to send them only onto the 5ghz as there is not a separate SSID for each band? 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

There is no option to separate the disks SSID's and I dont think you can do it on the Iphone or the alexa stuff.

Think you are stuck.
Message 6 of 8

Didn’t think so

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Thanks, do you know if this option is available on Samsung tablets? I've been googling but to no success 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Sorry, dont know but on android devices I think that option was deleted some time ago.
0 Ratings