Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mavinster
Message 1 of 2

Improving Wireless Connection

Hi.

I currently have a BT home hub which I connect to wirelessly using my laptop. This works absolutely fine. I have just moved house and need to connect another computer from a different room as well. 

This computer runs Vista, and does not have an integral wireless facility, so I have bought an adapter. However I get very poor wireless signal to the hub, which frequently drops, to the point that it is fairly unusable. I have checked, and it is the room that is at fault rather than the router, although other computers in the same room seem to have a more stable connection, albeit with few bars of signal.

What I want to know is - what can I do to improve this connection? It is not possible to move the hub anywhere, as we only have one telephone line into the house. The router is already off the floor.

I have heard about wireless extenders, repeaters and access points - via the BT shop. However I am reluctant to buy anything as I don't know a thing about them.

I'm asking for advice really. I don't know much about computers, but it is frustrating to have the computer keep dropping the internet connection like this!

Thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 2

Re: Improving Wireless Connection

0 Ratings