Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
milleniumaire
Contributor
Message 71 of 106

Re: Home Hub will not connet to VPN

Go to solution

Hi nala1957nala,

I was able to work around the issue with my old Cisco VPN software by creating a copy of the connection and using TCP, instead of UDP as the transport method.  See earlier posting in this topic.

Others on later versions of the Cisco VPN software (Anywhere I think it's called) don't appear to be able to do this, although this may depend on how your company have configured VPN.  It may be worthwhile asking one of your company techies to determine if you can use TCP for your VPN connection, rather than UDP.  It is the UDP type messages that are being affected by the BT network.

So far, a number of people have reported issues occurring since last Tuesday, but there has been NO confirmation from BT that anything has changed, or even that there is an issue and therefore no statement that the issue will be fixed.  We are just waiting in the hope it will be resolved.

0 Ratings
milleniumaire
Contributor
Message 72 of 106

Go to solution

Out of interest, which area of the country do you live in?

0 Ratings
Message 73 of 106

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I’ve moved some other threads onto this one to keep it all in the same place, sorry if it looks a bit messy. If you haven’t already done so please email over the following details and we’ll investigate this for you.

The model of your BT Home Hub and version (type A or B)

Hub Serial Number-

Employer-

VPN Client-

Telephone number-

You’ll get the contact link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
DF11
Contributor
Message 74 of 106

Re: Incoming Messages Being Blocked on Infinity - Affects VPN and Games Consoles

Go to solution

Hi David.

I've emailed you my details, i'm happy to provide any other required information if need be. Hopefully you guys can get to the bottom of this. 

Gracias.

0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 75 of 106

Re: Incoming Messages Being Blocked on Infinity - Affects VPN and Games Consoles

Go to solution
Hey David

My details also sent.
*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 76 of 106

Go to solution
This is not just affecting VPN its also affecting PS4 defragmentation ....
0 Ratings
spluff
Expert
Message 77 of 106

Go to solution
also cant see how to contact you in your profile
0 Ratings
MarkG33
Aspiring Expert
Message 78 of 106

Go to solution

I think when the vpn thing is fixed our consoles will be too along with them.

My PS3, PS4, Xbox 360, Xbox One and PlayStation Vita are all affected with this. 

*This is my signature...it's a bit boring*
0 Ratings
milleniumaire
Contributor
Message 79 of 106

Go to solution

spluff,

While viewing David's profile, just under the "About" paragraph, there's a link:

**Click here to contact the mods

Clicking the link displays a contact BT page. 

You could also ask David a question about Thin Lizzy Smiley LOL

spluff
Expert
Message 80 of 106

Go to solution
I don't get that

I click DavidM name and I get loads of bumf about posts etc but no ABOUT and no click here to contact mods 😕
0 Ratings