Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
amcenteggart
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Indoor wireless camera - Wi Fi Connection Problem Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Hi I have an indoor wireless camera that I had set up with my home hub 5, now I've upgraded to the home hub 6 I can't get a Wi Fi connection.

I get a message during set up that the camera does not support 5g during set up so I turned smart set up to off, split the bands with "on" and turned 5g off in advanced setting but I'm still not getting anywhere.

I'd appreciate any help please.

Thanks,

Al.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
lnajr02
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: Indoor wireless camera - Wi Fi Connection Problem Home Hub 6

Go to solution

Hi

What is the make of the Camera please?  If it’s only 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi and older tech it may be a Problem with the type of Wi-Fi security being used.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

did you turn off smart setup in hub?  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
amcenteggart
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
Thanks yes you t doesn’t support 5g but turned that off and smart set up to no avail - going to replace it with a better quality brand
Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
amcenteggart
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Yes that’s the first thing I did thanks
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@amcenteggartwrote:
Thanks yes you t doesn’t support 5g but turned that off and smart set up to no avail - going to replace it with a better quality brand
Thanks for your help

Hi @amcenteggart. It is probably too late but did you try changing the wireless mode http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56287/~/what-is-the-wireless-mode-feature-on-my-bt-sm...

0 Ratings