cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
robboz
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Infinity 1

My Infinity 1 was operating as scheduled yesterday 13 Jan. It just happened, no engineer in my houese.

However my 'welcome letter' told me that I need a broadband kit which would be delivered by courier by 18.30 yesterday. Nothing arrived so far (14.50 14 Jan).

Spoke to help line who advised that if Infinity working I do not need any further kit.

I already have HH 5 which has a red output WAN which I understood was for use with Infinity. 

I presently have a ethernet cable running from port 1 to BT Vision box. Sould I move this cable from port 1 to WAN?

My BT Vision box is Pace DiTT831.05_2B. Should it be upgraded?  To which model?

Very appreciative of any advice

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity 1

Just plug the HH5 into the microfilter, just as you did for ADSL, and it should work, as the HH5 does both ADSL and VHDSL.

The red WAN port is only used if you have a separate Openreach modem.

You may not get another HH5 if the records show that you already have one.

robboz
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity 1

Many thanks for that.

I was somehow hoping to be rid of my ethernet cable which, as my HH5 is too far away, is visible 4 metres accross living room carpet. Suppose the solution to that would to be to pay for an Open Reach modem to be installed much nearer my BT Vision box?

Have you any suggestions/recommendations regarding the suitability of my BT Vision box for use with Infinity!?

0 Ratings