cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Rabbit69
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 2 Ridiculus ping, Slow WiFi, connection dropping = disgruntled customer

Ok so i have a Home Hub 3 and have done for a while now and for a good few months now my connection has been odd. It's gotten especially worse over the last month or so and I'm pretty **bleep** **bleep** off about it. Firstly my download speeds over WiFi are about 24Mbps normally (which is lower than it should be anyway) but when I'm playing online games, my ping goes up into the hundreds and I can't hold open a audio only sype call with my friend from 2 miles away. My connection is often under 1MBps when I'm downloading things which is appalling and at this point I have no idea what the probelems could be. I've got a PCE-I WiFi card in my PC because I thought it would be better than a USB dongle for the connection but it's done nothing. Anyone know what the hell this is?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 Ridiculus ping, Slow WiFi, connection dropping = disgruntled customer

Connect using an Ethernet cable instead, and see if that helps to prove whether its a wireless problem.

0 Ratings
Rabbit69
Message 3 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 Ridiculus ping, Slow WiFi, connection dropping = disgruntled customer

All the ethernet cables in my house are used up or else I would've tried that

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Disconnect one of the devices that is using up your cables and use that cable or borrow/ buy another cable.

Once you have done that run an estimate check to see what you could be getting and post back a screen print of the results.

http://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

Use this speed tester then carry out the further diagnostics and post back a screen print of all the results including your IP profile for up and down.

http://speedtest.btwholesale.com/

0 Ratings