cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
albion102
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 2 installation - BT call centres driving me to distraction

I finding it very difficult to keep my patience with BT. My order says that a welcome pack and new hub has beeen sent and that I should leave the existing hub in my old house in situ. Arrive at new property and it is perfectly clear that there is just a phone socket and the Infinitiy wall plate with its separate rj45 socket has not been previously installed.  

First call - how do I know if the wallplate is wrong if my router hasn't arrived. 

Second call - don't worry about the wall plate - you will get a splitter with the router (although they knew it was not an ADSL installation) 

Third call - finally get through to somebody on the order side, who tells me that the billing people aren't in the office yet, and he would call me back - which he hasn't. I am also told, contrary to the email, that I should use the existing router - fortunately I still have access to the old property. 

I just need an engineer to install the socket.  

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 2 installation - BT call centres driving me to distraction

you don't need a different socket for fibre  just conenct the hub with a filter like adsl and infinity will work

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
albion102
Message 3 of 4

Okay - it just seemed strange that an engineer appeared and installed a splitter plate with two sockets. have they now stopped doing that ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

many infinity installations are now self install just using the existing master socket with a filter  if you should encounter connection problems then you can always get an engineer

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings