Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
supercool
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

Infinity 3 (FTTP) - Inbound traffic being blocked at network level

Just had Infinity 3 installed into a property, speed and connection wise its perfect - 210mbit down/20 up.

Have a problem where I can't route any external traffic to devices inside my network (CCTV server).  Have opened all necessary ports, even tried disabling firewall and/or placing devices in the DMZ.  I am a cisco CCNA, I am very familiar doing this and I have done this many times before with BT/Home hub routers.

To be safe, I have opted out of IP sharing even though I wasnt being allocated of the CG-NAT'ed IP's.

I have tried a different HH5, I have also tried a TP-Link router.  I can successfully ping the wan IP on either of the HH5's if I disable the firewall.  The TP link router pings fine, I can also hit the management port of the TP-Link on port 8080 on the external IP.  Regardless of combination of router/setup, just cant get anything to work.

On my home connection (Infinity 1 HH5), if I access any devices externally from the internet, this is logged (allow) as a port forward match on the router/firewall logs.

With any combination of HH5/ TP-Link router on the Infinity 3 connection, I cant see any allow or block within the firewall logs.

I can only conclude that unsolicitied inbound traffic is being blocked or this connection is still being NAT'ed in some way.

So far I have spent circa 3 hours on the phone to faults, from their point of view its working fine as I can connect and surf the web and they refuse to progress it any further or escalate to a network engineer.  Their answer is simply, if you want advanced features like this you need a business contract with a static IP and also Dynamic DNS is not supported on the HH5, can you imagine my frustration with when I'm dealing with this level of support ...

Capture111.JPG

Appreciate this probably requires input from an admin, I can only hope and pray someone with the right knowledge picks this up.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Infinity 3 (FTTP) - Inbound traffic being blocked at network level

Please could you look at the broadband IP address as displayed on the home hub. Its shown on the Internet Configuration page.

Then see if that is the same as you get when you access https://www.whatismyip.com/

DDNS services do work on the HH5 provided that the home hub can communicate with the DDNS providers update website. This may be blocked if Parental controls are active.

There may be an additional gateway router on FTTP, which is rejecting unsolicited incoming requests.

0 Ratings
supercool
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Yes they definitely match.

The image in the post highlights the DDNS is working and that customer services are wrong to say DDNS is not supported.

Thanks for your input.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I have run out of ideas, it has to be something that is different on FTTP, or a network config issue. All I can suggest is to set up a VPN, and use that permanent connection to route the traffic.

0 Ratings