cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
StefSW1
Message 1 of 3

Infinity Home Hub dropping wireless connection

My new Infinity Home Hub has started dropping connections...I have had Infinity for a few weeks but this seems to be happening more and more frequently.

I *think* it's just the wireless connection....but whenever I get a dropped connection on my laptop by the time I have gone, plugged in the LAN connection and tested the wireless is back up.

Connectivity drops for maybe 30 seconds....but happens a few times a day.

I have tried rebooting the hub....and a few different wireless channels....nothing has made much of a difference.

Are there any other diagnostics or logs I can check to understand the root cause?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
FOnogo
Contributor
Message 2 of 3

Re: Infinity Home Hub dropping wireless connection

I've had something similar develop, but I was on a HH3 and then HH4.

Have you changed anything in your set-up at home, or brought anything electrical into the house that wasn't there before.

You need to try cabling in by LAN and seeing if it then drops to eliminate wifi.

0 Ratings
Leg2ion
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Infinity Home Hub dropping wireless connection

@StefSW1 wrote:

I *think* it's just the wireless connection....but whenever I get a dropped connection on my laptop by the time I have gone, plugged in the LAN connection and tested the wireless is back up.

When it drops are there any indications on the laptop. Look in the bottom right corner - do you have a yellow exclamation mark over the wireless icon?

If you right click on the icon click troubleshoot,and see what report comes back.

Can you connect to the Hub when it happens?

0 Ratings