Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

Infinity and ftp

Go to solution

Hi guys. I have Infinity 1 with the Hub 5. When I was on plain broadband I used a Netgear router. I regularly ftp'd large files to a server connected wirelessly downstairs. Transfer was always speedy. According to the Hub Manager my upload speed is 9999. However, when I now ftp, I use Filezilla, it takes hours to upload. Filezilla tells me I'm uploading at around 70-80kbps. It starts at around 215 but drops rapidly. Is this normal or am I missing something? All insight more than welcome. Wondering if maybe I should invest in powerline adapters?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Infinity and ftp

Go to solution

First disable smart wireless and give the 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz  networks different SSIDs then try using a different channel. In particular, try using the channel the Netgear was using previously. Powerline adaptors may be the way to go though.

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

I'm not sure which channel the Netgear was on for 2.4Ghz (I already have 5Ghz changed because I did remember it) but I'll play around with it and see how it goes. I've already changed the SSIDs. Time to mess about with the channels. Wish me luck.

Are powerlines generally accepted as being better than wireless?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

@robert1997 wrote:

Wish me luck.

Good luck Smiley Happy

Are powerlines generally accepted as being better than wireless?

Yes

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Man LOL

licquorice you're a star. Changed the channel and already noticing a huge difference. Think I'll still invest in powerlines though as I'd like the added stability. Many thanks!

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

Might have known it was too good to be true. I'm now back to square one. Problem has arose as before. I only hope I won't be wasting my money on powerlines if the issue is with the hub 5 itself. Very disappointed Man Sad

0 Ratings
Dode
Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

I'm in a small semi and I doubled my speed with power lines. 

robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

Sounds promising! Researching now to see which ones to buy. 

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

I'm currently using some TP-Link AV600mbps ones. Code is TL-PA6010. I can recommend these.

0 Ratings
robert1997
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks for that Tim. I'm looking at the TP-Link TL-WPA4230P Kit as I need the passthrough socket for my living room setup. Anyone have any experience of these? Again, thanks Tim.

0 Ratings